Man - Piatnik Lenormand

BrightEye

The Man in this deck is holding a letter he has either just received or is about to send. Would that be in any way significant in reading this Card?

andybc

Personally I just think it's an artistic license.

Generally, the Man and Woman have no other meaning than being the querent or a significant person of the opposite gender. Their main significance, outside of being the querent is working out what is near and far.

I guess you could, if it helps, see the letter as a symbol of the reading. Your message of what all the cards say.

BrightEye

Yes, I think reading the letter as part of the card's message would probably confuse things. I just asked because every time I draw this card I'm also draw to this detail, and it's bothering me.

andybc

That is what I always think about the Piatnik. I was given it by someone and gave it away quite soon after - we just clashed. It's very well done but over fussy and detailed.

MissNine

BrightEye,

Good point on the letter in the man's hand. So...here's the deal with the Austrian/German cards. They are like the soap opera of the Lenormands, as I see it. I'm German/Austrian myself and I don't mean anything personal to the culture. I'm just saying for everyday stuff, these cards are what people reach for. For the Zigeuner, I'd say if you want to check out what he's got in his hand, look to the card above him to get his thoughts.

I like the Zigeuner cards much better than the Kipper cards. I've got two decks of Kipper cards I never use. For some reason, they just carry a dark energy with them and I get depressed when I read with them. No idea why.

kalliope

Can anyone tell me which of the Piatnik decks this is? The artwork seems only so-so.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008D9U3/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXI98J9GRU2JB

That's the only currently available one, I think. At least that's the one everyone refers to as "the Piatnik Lenormand."

The artwork isn't my favorite, but it's better than it appears on that fuzzy image on Amazon. I especially like the card backs, which have a nice elaborate bird design. I'll snap a few pics tomorrow and post them.

kalliope

The artwork seems only so-so.

Here are some photos so you can better see the art. Hope you find them helpful! In the end you're getting to see almost every card, heh.

I've considered trading the deck since I rarely use it now, but I love the charming backs.

Attachments

• Piatnik Lenormand 1.jpg
    Piatnik Lenormand 1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Piatnik Lenormand 2.jpg
    Piatnik Lenormand 2.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Piatnik Lenormand 3.jpg
    Piatnik Lenormand 3.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Piatnik Lenormand Closeup.jpg
    Piatnik Lenormand Closeup.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 225

Barleywine

Here are some photos so you can better see the art. Hope you find them helpful! In the end you're getting to see almost every card, heh.

I've considered trading the deck since I rarely use it now, but I love the charming backs.

Much, much better! Thank you! I think I could work successfully with this one as my first more traditional Lenormand. It's quite reasonably priced, too; I payed way too much locally for the Gilded Reverie.

3ill.yazi

I got this one for $9 from an ebayer in Hungary. I love the deck, and wish I could find tarot cards of this quality cardstock. I have actually grown quite fond of the kitschy German artwork; I like how the background seem to blend when you put the cards side by side.