how to find, sepher-ha- razim translation?

prudence

Hi

I hope this is where to post this type of thread...I was doing some reading yesterday, and stumbled across a couple of books that I would like to have.

I read that there had been an English translation of the Sepher-Ha-Razim in 1983 (by Michael Morgan), but that it has been out of print for ages...Is there any way to get a hold of one, even if just to borrow one from a library? ( I know my library does not have a copy)

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. :)

Ross G Caldwell

prudence said:
Hi

I hope this is where to post this type of thread...I was doing some reading yesterday, and stumbled across a couple of books that I would like to have.

I read that there had been an English translation of the Sepher-Ha-Razim in 1983 (by Michael Morgan), but that it has been out of print for ages...Is there any way to get a hold of one, even if just to borrow one from a library? ( I know my library does not have a copy)

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. :)

I think I have a copy of this in my files (Hebrew and English). I'll tell you if I find it.

Ross

prudence

Ross G Caldwell said:
I think I have a copy of this in my files (Hebrew and English). I'll tell you if I find it.

Ross
ohh, Thanks, Ross!!

Is this a computer file? I had been wondering of there were any on line, like how one can find the Book of Thoth on line these days...(though I have not found such yet)

Ross G Caldwell

prudence said:
ohh, Thanks, Ross!!

Is this a computer file? I had been wondering of there were any on line, like how one can find the Book of Thoth on line these days...(though I have not found such yet)

No, it's a real copy. I could scan it though, or even send you a copy if you can't find it.

For Book of Thoth, I would say just buy it. It isn't very expensive and it is a lot nicer to have a real book on hand - IMO :)

prudence

Ross G Caldwell said:
No, it's a real copy. I could scan it though, or even send you a copy if you can't find it.

For Book of Thoth, I would say just buy it. It isn't very expensive and it is a lot nicer to have a real book on hand - IMO :)

Wow!! I would be so grateful for a copy, scanned or whatever, it's all up to you, whatever is easiest for you...and I can send something to you as a trade. Just let me know. ( I sculpt, and bead also, not sure what your tastes are on these areas, but am willing to send anything, reasonable LOL) :)

Ross G Caldwell

Hi Prudence,

I found my copy of Morgan's translation of the ShR (Sefer ha-Razim). It's a photocopy.

I also have the Hebrew text edited in the 60s.

If you would like, pm me and we can discuss it more ;-)

Ross

Ross G Caldwell

Depending on where you are in relation to me, it might be more economical to go with a used bookstore.

See for instance -
http://www.allbookstores.com/book/compare/0891306153

And if you go to bookfinder.com, with Morgan and Razim, you get one on amazon.co.uk (used) for 29 pounds. That's a lot, but it might be cheaper than sending it overseas (I'm in France).

Ross

prudence

Hi Ross,

Thank you for finding the copy...and for the link. Hmm, well, I am in the States so, either way, there will be shipping charges....I will PM you. :)

I had no idea there were copies of it available this easily!

Netzach

I've just had a look on www.used.addall.com which is the best bookfinding website, searching all the major bookselling sites. It's found a copy on amazon.co.uk for £19.94.

prudence

Netzach said:
I've just had a look on www.used.addall.com which is the best bookfinding website, searching all the major bookselling sites. It's found a copy on amazon.co.uk for £19.94.
hi Netzach,

thanks for that link, I found one just now on it, but for around 37 and change...I am assuming it was pounds? I will look again, I'd like that one from amazon.uk, for 19.94 though!

Thank you thank you. :)