Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Mythic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Mythic Tarot - Knight Pentacles

Aristaeus is mounted upon his horse. In one hand he holds a pentacle and in the other he holds a sheaf of wheat. Sheep and beehives can be seen in the background.

Aristaeus
  • was known as “Guardian of the Flocks”
  • son of Apollo by a mortal woman, he was given to the Earth Mother, who fed him on nectar and ambrosia
  • he was taught how to curdle milk for cheese, build beehives and grow olives by the dryads (tree-nymphs)
  • was taught the arts of healing and prophecy by the Muses, who set him to watch over their sheep
  • he cured a plague that had befallen the island of Keos by putting to death murderers who were living in secret among the islanders
  • when his bees began dying mysteriously, his mother told him to find the old sea-god Proteus, who could explain the reason; because Aristaeus had caused the accidental death of his sister-in-law Eurydice, he was being punished by the gods; after sacrificing various beasts to the offended deities, a swarm of bees arose from the animal’s carcasses; he captured them and put them into a hive
Overview
  • the human capacity for industry and diligent service
  • lover of the countryside and friend of animals and all wild creatures
  • one for whom no task is too menial as long as it serves nature
  • one whose aims are limited but who is kind and dependable and willing to work long and hard for matters that are close to his heart
  • humility and the ability to relate to the humblest forms of life
  • always wanting to learn more about the varied and complex faces of nature
  • one with realistic and humble aims
  • conscientious
Virgo
  • has a calm and practical way of dealing with situations
  • the search for industry
  • hardworking, pays attention to details
  • helpful, unassuming and dependable nature, yet can be overly fussy, nitpicky and indecisive
  • shy and modest, they shun the limelight, preferring to work quietly behind the scenes
  • methodical, painstaking and industrious, they can master the intricacies of any subject they choose to tackle
Random Thoughts
  • “God don’t like ugly” (something my mother used to say to me when I misbehaved as a child)
  • setting the bar low enough to always reach it
  • being happy dealing with the small stuff

They keyword/phrase I came up with in my workbook on 18Aug91 was "contentment and achievement".

Rodney

Old 08-08-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today