Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Archeon Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

FaerieStorm 
Citizen

Location: Wishing it was Middle-Earth...but it's just Colorado, USA
Lightbulb VII The Chariot--Archeon Tarot

This is one of my favorite Archeon images. The female figure reminds me of Athena (a very intelligent, strategic goddess), while the blue and red horses remind me of fire and ice: two opposing forces that can only be harnessed by the most powerful charioteer; only with strong direction and motivation can such powerful opposite be brought together.

Lantz chose, once again, to place a very large moon in the background (it might be the sun, but it's probably the moon. I only say it might be cuz of its color). The moon might signify the need to follow ones intuition when riding through life (or, at least, to use it in conjunction with reason and logic).

The Egyptian figure in the background is not an image with which I'm familiar, but he/she looks as though to be winged--which might signify the need to spread your wings.

The constellations may denote that which is already written in the universal history books: those things that we cannot control--like our destiny (if you buy into that). Or it could simply warrant the need to follow your star.

Go Lantz! Thanks, FS.

Old 18-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Tauriosiris 
Resident

The goddess in the background is Maat, the goddess of truth, justice and order. After death, the person's soul was judged in the Hall of Maat. The person's heart was weighed against Maat's feather (the ostrich feather worn in the head dress). If the heart outweighed the feather, the person was deemed to be not worthy of entering the afterlife and the soul was devoured by Ammut.

Old 18-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Sar 
Citizen

It seems like the woman is wondering which one of the horse she will chose to follow. The figure in the background is disturbing..
Sar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
annik 
An strange animal

I also like this card. There is a certain attraction to the card. The central character seems to be partly in a trance as she is holding back the two horses. She seems to do the driving intuitively. The two horses have a lot of energies.

Old 20-12-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

LWB: "While there might exist great temptation to choose the easy road, she must be aware that to follow a path without obstacles is to take the road to nowhere."

Old 23-07-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
The Northern Wind 
Resident

I see 3 main elements on this card: the chariot, the star map and the sun.

The sun is the goal we have given to ourselves, the chariot is us and the map is the various paths we can take to reach the desired goal. The speed of travel depends on us and our motivation and during the travel we can encounter different problems: we can get lost, we can go in the wrong direction, we can find obstacles in the way, etc.

Interestingly, like FaerieStorm, I also believe the card tells us that the goal can be reached only if we listen both to reason and to emotions. I believe this is represented by the 2 horses. If we follow the red horse we are going in the direction of the Devil (also depicted in red) and desire.
The Northern Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today