Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Robin Wood Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGirl
I notice green, red, blue, yellow and white.
Green - Earth
Red - Fire
blue - Water
Yellow - Air
White - Spirit

Love Sulis

'I feel the riches of our days are like smoke to hold,
I'd make a paper heart to love you if I knew where to fold' Peace Repackaged - Lionrock

'Be excellent to each other' Bill & Ted
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
CandyApple 
Citizen

So earth and fire are still standing. That would be passion and stablity? With emotions, spritual and intellect spilled?

Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Rhiamon 
Addicted to Decks of All Kinds

sorry guys! i didn't mean to leave you hanging like that, I just have been busy (and have a toothache..grrr) anyways, the colors all have meaning to the pic...lemme grab my book...
ok, white is innocence and it's spilled because we all lose that eventually
blue is spirituality
yellow is knowledge and communication, but also joy and when that is gone, nothing seesm worthwhile.

the woman is basically supposed to be wallowing in her own misery and finding comfort in it. She faces away from the upright cups AND the bridge she could cross anytime but refuses.
Cool, eh? A little tidbit...she talks about the woman that modeled for the picture being made to stand that way, posing while it was freezing outside...brrrrr..lol

Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
CandyApple 
Citizen

LOL..that is a neat little insight to the model. I hope she at least got a free deck out of the gig.

Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Rhiamon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyApple
LOL..that is a neat little insight to the model. I hope she at least got a free deck out of the gig.
LMAO!!!!

Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
CelticGirl 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
Green - Earth
Red - Fire
blue - Water
Yellow - Air
White - Spirit

Love Sulis
That's what I would have first assumed.
CelticGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Rhiamon 

well, the grren and red stand for all of life or growth and will...so she did base them on the elements *I think*..lol

Old 09-12-2005 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
spinningspider 
Citizen

Five of Cups

When I teach spinning, especially when the class is out-of-town, I generally do two spreads...one two-card spread that I learned from Tink (here on AT) asking what energy surrounds me and how to best use that energy...and another Tink favorite, a 7-card "Focused" spread that informs me of anything I need to know about the class(es) or my surroundings. Recently, when I was teaching out-of-town, I followed this same reading routine of mine, and Robin's "Five of Cups" came up, in addition to the "Three of Swords." Whoah! Talk about a red-flag-moment that I needed to pay attention to!! Turns out this not-so-wonderful energy was swirling around me in the bedroom that I slept in and I must admit I was thankful to know it in advance of my first class to be held the next day. It's that kind of energy that can lead me to have fitful nights and wake up with a migraine. At least with this notice, I could do things to protect myself and be at my best for teaching.

The figure in the Five of Cups is definitely not having the best of days by a long shot. We can't see if the person is a male or female, but that's irrelevant to my readings as I'm not held to the gender, age, race, etc. depicted on any card. Robin's drawing does show five cups...with three of them tipped over, spilling a very red liquid. Blood is what often comes to my mind first, indicating the depth of despair and/or loss this person is suffering. Robin also mentions the liquid could indeed be wine and if that seems to be so in any of my readings, I question whether the querent or someone they know is under the grips of alcoholism or drug abuse. For one reading I did, the red liquid seemed to actually be red ink...as a teacher might use to correct a paper in school...and therefore it struck me that maybe a querent's important piece of written work was rejected or somehow didn't "make the grade."

'course there's possible, if not probable, reason for HOPE, even in this card so full of sorrow and grief. After all, there are still two cups that are upright! I often wonder that if the figure would just open up the cocoon of a cloak that's cutting him/her off from the world AND turn around, then the hills "of enlightenment," as Robin calls them, would become evident and his/her grief would begin to dissolve away and the positive path ahead would become much more clear and accessible.

Perhaps the cloak is a self(or otherly)-imposed wall, possibly built for self-preservation...where the figure has cut themself off from others because of abusive situations, their own guilt or that of others, defeat, regret, illness, shame, deep loss, feeling sorry for themselves, etc. In any case, there are still those two upright cups...where if the person just looked at them and accepted their presence, they would see that all is not lost. Perhaps the two cups represent two people, who the querent has failed to see, which are still there and rooting for him; in his corner, so to speak. Or maybe the two cups are emotions that have long been squelched within the querent; waiting to be noticed and utilized to aid the querent out of the depths of despair they are presently in.

No matter what, I like that Robin included rays of hope within this otherwise melancholy and rather depressing card.

Last edited by spinningspider; 25-11-2007 at 12:22.
spinningspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2007 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
Glastonbury Ed 
Citizen

Anyone else notice the cromlech or burial chamber in the distance? Perhaps it refers to letting negative attachments die? Maybe to be reborn in a new life of freedom and positivity?
Glastonbury Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today