Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Archeon Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

sunflowr 
Citizen

Archeon Tarot - 3 of Cups

3 of Cups:

The woman in this card is alone, under the light of the moon and accompanied only by a crow.

What is she celebrating? Because the card's meaning is joy, merriment, success, celebration.

Is she perhaps celebrating the moon? Maybe she did a Goddess Moon ritual or something similar?

Old 12-12-2005     Top   #1
star-lover 
Citizen

she is happy and content and is not alone as she is turning to look to others - they are not in the picture but are there for her - as per traditional meaning of the card

their being there for her affirms and support her in being her own person
so yes she is alone and whole but not alone - its as if she is saying hey look at me i'm ok and feel great and at peace with self

her being naked and with hair slightly unkempt/free affirms she is comfortable with who she is - i just get a general *i'm ok* feeling with this image

her looking sideways to whoever friend/group she has support from or has had in the past kind of says its thanks to you i feel ok - so its a thanksgiving kind of card/appreciation of help recieved to get to this stage

just my 2p
x
star-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005     Top   #2
annik 
An strange animal

The moon is full. So there may be something attaining maturity? The whole picture have some mystery to it : the moon, the night, the woman and the crow. Why that lady and that bird are together under the moon? The crow makes me think of Odin's crows (the ones that gathered secrets for their master).

Old 17-12-2005     Top   #3
Emeraldgirl 
Citizen

She looks serene and content where she is with the crow. But it looks as though she is also a bit lonely and longing for something. The 3 of cups has always seemed a bit put on to me like forced gaiety. Ever been in a room full of people and get felt totally alone?

Last edited by Emeraldgirl; 12-01-2006 at 13:00.
Emeraldgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006     Top   #4
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

Yes, the card's traditional meaning is celebration, but it's also solace. I also see a person who's comfortable on her own.

Old 17-07-2010     Top   #5
Sar 
Citizen

She is pregnant and alone and not glad. The two that became to three does not always have a happy ending.
Sar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011     Top   #6
dominiquep 
Resident

I see this thread is quite old, but I'm just getting to know this deck, so...bump.

In this card I'm imagining that she is looking at a nature scene around her rather than looking at other people. Perhaps she is in a forest? Or perhaps, since this is usually a water card, she is sitting at the edge of a lake? The crow in her hand has "whispered secrets to her", according to the LWB, and perhaps there are also other creatures around her that she is communicating with. Maybe she is looking at them.

I get a feeling of a sense of oneness with nature. She has a great knowledge of the wilderness around her, and she is bonded with it. The full moon reflects the "fullness" that she feels when she is surrounded by the wilderness of the earth that she loves and understands. In my mind that "fullness" or "wholeness" equates to the joyfulness that this card is meant to represent.
dominiquep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014     Top   #7
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today