Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Cosmic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Cali 
Resident

Question Just a quick question

What card in this deck most represents a lack of friends or a lack of a support group?
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015     Top   #1
Sulis 
believer in magic

Hi Cali,

I don't have my Cosmic Tarot to hand just now so can't answer. What card do you think represents that?

'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in' - Leonard Cohen

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015     Top   #2
Cali 
Resident

8 of cups and 5 of cups scream loneliness to me, 5 of cups gives me a feeling of mental illness too though. Then I think of the guy in the 8 of cups as someone who got too full of himself, cheated on his wife with hookers and spent all their money on drugs. Now he's divorced and his kids refuse to see him, he's poor, and now there's a huge sense of regret. Neither of those feeling are really what I'm trying to find, I may be over thinking the cards but I'm justy looking for a card that represents not having a close friendship. Iv recently moved and I'm finding it difficult to create any friendships. Iv decided to do a law of attraction spread, where you choose a card that represents the current situation and another to represent what you want the outcome to be. Then the rest of the spread gives you the steps to get from point a to point b. I just can't find the right card though
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015     Top   #3
Sulis 
believer in magic

I'm just looking through my deck, it's not a deck I've used for years to be honest but your question has got me curious about the cards and I'm leaning towards the 5 of Cups to represent your situation..

5s often represent a change after the stability of the 4 so this 5 shows a change in your emotional state, maybe a loss of something so a loss of friendship would fit.. With the 5 of Cups there is also a feeling of focusing on the negatives rather than the positives (a lot of decks show 2 cups remaining upright, this one doesn't).. The lady certainly looks lonely..
5s are connected to The Hierophant too so there is often a lesson to be learned with them.. Something that is difficult at the time but that you'll look back on and be glad you lived through it because it helped you to grow in some way.

With the 8 of Cups there is a sense of dissatisfaction (again emotionally since it's a Cups card).. Since it's an 8 it tends to show that emotionally, you've put all you can into something and it's time to stop investing in that relationship or thing and move on to find what's missing (the 9th cup) somewhere else.

From what you've said, I'd go with the 5 of Cups..

Hope that helps a bit..

'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in' - Leonard Cohen

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015     Top   #4
JulieK 
Resident

I would agree with the 5 and 8 of cups. Although I feel each card shows different reasons for the loneliness.

I also feel the 7 of cups is a lonely card - but also of great turmoil for the person depicted within it.

Julie

Last edited by JulieK; 15-12-2015 at 21:08. Reason: Being a pleb - got my 7 and 8 of cups mixed up
JulieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015     Top   #5
Pearlannie 
Resident

I would allso look at 3 Cups ildignified or reversed perhaps... 3 Pentacles also ildignified or reversed could mean a lack of work friends, or team support! Food for thought!
Pearlannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015     Top   #6
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today