Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Ludy Lescot -Temperance XIV

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Ludy Lescot Tarot

Resident

kaushalyaandfrank 
Resident

Indeed, the card seems to take the traditional meanings and apply them to the dilemma of romance, where perhaps temperance is needed the most
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Citizen

Celtictarot 
Citizen

The Stone angel to me looks like a bit of her is cracked near the woman? Nothing is set in stone?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Citizen

Sar 
Citizen

I do not think the person approaching from behind is a man. I think it is a tall and slender build woman in pants.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Resident

twomoons 
Resident

What I noticed was the similarity to the RW Lovers with the angel standing over Adam and Eve, from an angle more directly opposite the statue I think this parallel would be clearer, however I think we are encouraged to look at the situation from the woman's perspective to see into her sense of choice (also a theme in older Lovers cards). Again, in these older versions of Lovers, a man had to choose between a matured dark haired woman (the 'mother', representing safety, what was known) and a younger blonde haired woman (a chance to find love outside of our own safety networks and therefore grow), this parallel is also graphically depicted. The angel of temperance stands between the two lovers, however instead of blessing them like archangel Raphael in the RW version, he/she warns them not to make extreme or rash decisions based on emotions (represented by the chalice), however desirable (red rose in hair) they might seem at the time. But the description included in the book seems to encourage trust in (the miracle of) love, so maybe her temperate attitude in the situation is holding her back from being with the man she seemingly truly desires?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.