Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

I took a closer look at the posted cards than I had previously and got a chill . . . the kind of shiver of anticipation you get when something good is about to happen. I can see the possibility of highly intuitive readings with this deck, regardless of how well or poorly it hews to the "traditional" meanings. My daughter is an illustrator who works in the same slightly macabre vein, so you might say I've been "softened up" for it. To my eyes there is more of an urgency and vibrancy to the images than I see in the vaguely similar Deviant Moon (which also reminds me of Tim-Burton-meets-Hieronymus-Bosch). I'll be looking for this one first, I think.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #81
frac_ture 
Citizen

I broke this deck out again this week, and I think I want to try adding thoughts to the Study Group here for some of the individual cards. As with several other Lo Scarabeo decks I have, I think this one hews closely enough to traditional RWS accepted meanings that calling it "RWS-based" overall feels accurate, but there are enough differences that trying to slavishly read it as being an outright clone of the RWS deck will guarantee some real frustration (the Universal Fantasy Tarot is another one I'd describe in exactly the same way...). I do tend to fall into the trap sometimes of automatically trying to read RWS-based decks as if they're the RWS itself, and I want to break myself of that habit. Now that I have a pretty solid grasp on the RWS, I'm ready to start nailing down the specific differences in the cards that other decks put forth.

Anyway...just fair warning that more write-ups may be coming down the pike, to follow the one I just did on the 3 of Wands. I'm still a huge fan of this deck, and I hope people are still using it, and maybe reading here!
frac_ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #82
Winterchild 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frac_ture View Post
Anyway...just fair warning that more write-ups may be coming down the pike, to follow the one I just did on the 3 of Wands. I'm still a huge fan of this deck, and I hope people are still using it, and maybe reading here!
Yes yes yes... I blogged about it late last year and fell in love with it again when I used it as my DotW.. Look forward to your posts!
Winterchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #83
frac_ture 
Citizen

Thanks, Winterchild! I went and dug up the posts in your blog that you were talking about, and you had some great thoughts there! You brought up some neat stuff about some details I'd missed in a few cards, so it made for interesting reading. I did a four-card reading yesterday, and I've now written some thoughts on the first two cards (3 of Wands and King of Swords), and I'll try to get to the other two soon.
frac_ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #84
alexpanda 
Resident

Post Does anyone have the scan of Little White book?

Hi everyone, I had got Tarot Of Sweet Twilight recently
Unfortunately when I moved out, I didn't see the Little white Book anymore
Are you have the scan *just the English part is ok* and could you share it with me please? I'll very grateful!
Thanks you very much and sorry for my bad English
alexpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #85
Marirowana 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpanda View Post
Hi everyone, I had got Tarot Of Sweet Twilight recently
Unfortunately when I moved out, I didn't see the Little white Book anymore
Are you have the scan *just the English part is ok* and could you share it with me please? I'll very grateful!
Thanks you very much and sorry for my bad English
Hi alexpanda, it's been a few months since you posted this, but if you are still looking for the scan just let me know and I'll send it to you

I just received this deck today, the first tarotpurchase in a looong time! I'm going to take some time to let the images sink in and add my thoughts to the study threads. Even though the last posts in these threads date from a few years ago...
Are some of you still reading with the Twilight?

Last edited by Marirowana; 16-10-2015 at 06:26.
Marirowana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2015 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #86
foolonajourney 
Resident

Not sure if anyone is still active within the study group but interest in this deck is still very strong. I mostly assume that from the amount of times I see it on Instagram.

I just purchased this deck and am interested in others opinions about the borders. I have cut them off my deck but I pretty much trim every deck I get. Does anyone else feel like all the tears with the dark borders makes the figures feel trapped? For example the page of wands has a very interesting way of looking like he's playing for the figures in the cards that fall to the left of him. Have you noticed/not noticed because of the border?
foolonajourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #87
Amigone 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolonajourney View Post
Not sure if anyone is still active within the study group but interest in this deck is still very strong. I mostly assume that from the amount of times I see it on Instagram.

I just purchased this deck and am interested in others opinions about the borders. I have cut them off my deck but I pretty much trim every deck I get. Does anyone else feel like all the tears with the dark borders makes the figures feel trapped? For example the page of wands has a very interesting way of looking like he's playing for the figures in the cards that fall to the left of him. Have you noticed/not noticed because of the border?

The borders don't bother me at all. I don't even see them! That's an interesting take on them though. I could never cut my cards though! You're so brave!
Amigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #88
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today