Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Mary-El Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Bat Chicken 
Citizen

Mary El Tarot - Two of Wands

http://www.mary-el.com/wands1.html

Two trees out of the darkness immediately make me think of Virgil and Dante’s journey through the 7th circle of Hell in the Inferno. The trees have two large faces, but the trunk seems to be made up of undulating figures. Little sparks, fireflies? Souls? Seem to hover at the top and the base of the sleeping tree.

The unknown of the journey ahead is emphasized by the darkness beyond the two trees.

Thoughts?

Old 14-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Debra 
sporadic magic

Yes, it's some kind of gateway or portal.
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Milfoil 
Bending Clouds

The two faces look as though they are sleeping, a reuse perhaps? Or is this just a winter snoooze and the sparks in the branches and roots the energy of spring eager to burst forth? The whole image suggests a pensive time of expectation and waiting for something to awaken. Beyond is the dark of unknown landscapes, perhaps a new venture as yet unformed but the first step has been taken. A sleeping, dreaming time where ideas are nurtured but not yet put into practice.
Milfoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
cSpaceDiva 
Citizen

Quote:
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight, and all I see is him and me, forever and forever. (On My Own, Les Misérables)
There are several faces and figures in the trees (flesh) with points of light (soul) scattered around. The two trees represent this and every other duality. They also form a doorway. Every doorway is a decision, are you in or are you out? And yet there is so much opportunity for entanglement, to become stuck at the threshold while learning to balance and integrate. It is only when we have balanced and become centered that we can pass through unimpeded.
cSpaceDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Michellehihi 
Citizen

What I saw were 2 old friends who are close to each other for so long that their roots and branches unify.
This image also reminds me that when at times we seem to be sterile, with creative blocks, or depressed or just inactive, no matter if we bear leaves and fruits or not, we are still alive.
Michellehihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today