Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Astrology and Tarot? Is this the right thread?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

_R_ 
Citizen

Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.co...aisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blog...-analemme.html ]
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Resident

SuitofSwords 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by _R_ View Post
Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.co...aisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blog...-analemme.html ]
Very interesting! I'm going to have to sit down and really dig through these.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

Edward Tarot Hands 
Citizen

I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tarot Hands View Post
I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well
There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology, Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

Edward Tarot Hands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology: Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.
cool!! thanks
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.
I second this. (But to be honest, what I like best about it is that his version of the Celtic Cross is basically identical to the one I've been using for the last 35 years. He must have drawn from the same Eden Gray source, and reached some of the same conclusion I did.)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Resident

SuitofSwords 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
Oh thank you! I'll have to check it out.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.