Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

feynrir 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linfang View Post
Can anyone please tell me if the Apokalypis (kit) is really worth it or not? It's been on my Amazon wish list for ages, but can't make up my mind. I'm afraid that I'm mainly interested in the book. Is there anything really new to be found? Is anyone using the deck regularly?

Thanks anyone!
Worth it Period.

The cards are beautiful and the book is, IMO, necessary to get the full scope of this deck--which is ambitious, massive. Nothing on the scale of the Waite-Smith, Alchemical Tarot, or the Thoth, but definitely with a lot to sink your teeth into. And it's super delicious.

I prefer this one over the Illuminati, and I think it was my best mass market purchase of 2016 by far.
feynrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017     Top   #391
Linfang 
Crazy Tarot Lady

Ok, thanks feynrir, it definitely stays on my wish list. I will save the money so I can gift it to myself for my birthday.
Linfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017     Top   #392
Sigrdrifa 
Citizen

Tarot of trees: pros and cons? And what does the book add?

Old 12-01-2017     Top   #393
Padma 
Is walking the patterned path

Tarot Apokalipsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by feynrir View Post
Worth it Period.

The cards are beautiful and the book is, IMO, necessary to get the full scope of this deck--which is ambitious, massive. Nothing on the scale of the Waite-Smith, Alchemical Tarot, or the Thoth, but definitely with a lot to sink your teeth into. And it's super delicious.

I prefer this one over the Illuminati, and I think it was my best mass market purchase of 2016 by far.
Thanks, feynrir, I was also on the fence with this deck! I think it will soon migrate from wish list to cart!

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ― Marilyn Monroe

Time wounds all heels.
Padma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017     Top   #394
DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrdrifa View Post
Tarot of trees: pros and cons? And what does the book add?
I don't have the book so I can't answer that but I do own the deck.

Pros:
Small size
Gorgeous colors
RWS based so easy to read with
Unique theme

Cons:
Mine had peeling of the lamination in the corners and chipping

It was near impossible to get hold of the publishing company to let them know of the issue and no way to contact the artist/author. It was two months before I got a reply from the publishing company and was promised a replacement that never arrived. Finally had to contact the creator's sister who sent a replacement to me. Even that one had the issue with the lamination though to a lesser degree. It took 6 months from the time I contacted the publisher till I got a replacement, not from them mind you, and I never did hear back from them.

Card scenes aren't fully 'illustrated' as they are in other human-based RWS decks.

Still this is one of my favorite if not my favorite tarot deck as of late

Old 12-01-2017     Top   #395
Sigrdrifa 
Citizen

Thank you! Did the lamination peel fast, or after lots of use? I'd be willing to take the risk on the communication/hard to reach part, as the artist is on this forum as well.

Still curious about the book

Old 12-01-2017     Top   #396
DaughterOfDanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrdrifa View Post
Thank you! Did the lamination peel fast, or after lots of use? I'd be willing to take the risk on the communication/hard to reach part, as the artist is on this forum as well.

Still curious about the book
Right out of the box I noticed the peeling which is why I tried to get in touch. If there's peeling after much use I feel it's not as big of a deal.

Old 13-01-2017     Top   #397
CharlotteK 
Citizen

I have recently been dipping into the Steampunk app from Fool's Dog and have been very surprised with how razor sharp the readings have been. The accompanying text (Barbara Moore?) is fantastic. I never had this deck on my wishlist to buy a physical copy of as I thought it might be a bit gimmicky but I am seriously considering it now as the app has way exceeded my expectations. However I'm a TOADie, I really shouldn't buy it. Can someone de-enable me please, urgently?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
CharlotteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017     Top   #398
CherryNukaCola 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
I have recently been dipping into the Steampunk app from Fool's Dog and have been very surprised with how razor sharp the readings have been. The accompanying text (Barbara Moore?) is fantastic. I never had this deck on my wishlist to buy a physical copy of as I thought it might be a bit gimmicky but I am seriously considering it now as the app has way exceeded my expectations. However I'm a TOADie, I really shouldn't buy it. Can someone de-enable me please, urgently?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
It's just a RWS clone - once you've got one, you've got them all. It's a pretty shallow one at that - check out the Star card!
CherryNukaCola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017     Top   #399
Michellehihi 
Citizen

Steampunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryNukaCola View Post
It's just a RWS clone - once you've got one, you've got them all. It's a pretty shallow one at that - check out the Star card!
I agree. I have dozens of RWS clones in my drawer and some of them are really beautiful. But to read with them....it's all the same. Honestly, I am so much more called by TdM these days...
ETA: let me explain further. I feel RWS is very limiting in its meaning. The scening minors do not permit our imagination to run far...get for example the 9 of swords...it's hard to find this card yuppi-oh, whereare a pip card with 9 sword could definitely be interpreted positively.

Last edited by Michellehihi; 20-01-2017 at 10:11.
Michellehihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017     Top   #400
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today