Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

WoodMan33 
Resident

Post Tarot and Salt lamps

I recently purchased 2 salt lamps to cleanse air particles in my house. It was done from a purely health standpoint as I wanted to clear air of pollutants. I have a quartz crystal as well to clear my deck and clear my own thoughts. Do these salt lamps help in clearing the air and getting a more clear reading from the deck ?
WoodMan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Interesting question. The shop-keeper where I do public readings has a few of them scattered around her shop, and I assumed they're more than decoration. I'll have to ask her.

"Soon as she spreads her hand th’ aerial guard/Descend and sit on each important card." - Alexander Pope, The Rape of the Lock, Canto III
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
WoodMan33 
Resident

They are Himalayan salt crystals and are said to have medicinal healing powers so couldn't they be helpful with regards to clairvoyance as well ?
WoodMan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Shade 
Meddler

No, I can't see any way that would be of special benefit to tarot reading other than ambiance. I do believe that ambiance does wonders for readers though if it puts us in a good frame of mind.

Last edited by Shade; 1 Week Ago at 09:06.
Shade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Zephyros 
Jedi

I myself would love to have one, but they're so prohibitively expensive here in Israel that they're just not something I would spend money on. Buying one abroad and having it sent is also impossible because the costs of transporting a heavy stone in the mail would render any savings moot.

Last edited by Zephyros; 1 Week Ago at 05:32.
Zephyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Falcor 
Mageshifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
I myself would love to have one, but they're so prohibitively expensive here in Israel that they're just not something I would spend money on. Buying one abroad and having it sent is also impossible because the costs of transporting a heavy stone in the mail would render any savings moot.
I can point you to not so expensive place if you need.
Anyway I have one and I should use it more, to see if there are any effects.

Last edited by Zephyros; 1 Week Ago at 05:32.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Zephyros 
Jedi

Moderator Note:

A number of posts were removed because they were disrespectful to the beliefs of the OP. While it is natural to have differences of opinion, and indeed those differences should be celebrated, they should also be worded respectfully and in context and on topic.

Thanks for cooperating,

Talking Tarot Moderators

Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodMan33 View Post
I recently purchased 2 salt lamps to cleanse air particles in my house. It was done from a purely health standpoint as I wanted to clear air of pollutants. I have a quartz crystal as well to clear my deck and clear my own thoughts. Do these salt lamps help in clearing the air and getting a more clear reading from the deck ?
I have one that was a gift. It gives off a beautiful soft light and is certainly novel.
I know that they are natural ionizers. So prompted by your post, I googled:
http://www.criticalcactus.com/himala...alth-benefits/
Looks like for significant health benefits one would have to plaster their room with these lamps.

Even so - knowing it is a healthy thing - I switch mine on every evening and stare at it with the idea that it's scrubbing a bit of my environment to make me feel better.
And If I had the money and space - I'd buy a few more.

If you believe that it aids in clearer readings and boosting clairvoyance - why not?
Believe it - and it is so.

As Shade says - the ambience is wonderful.

~Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are~

Mitakuye Oyasin... "my brothers and sisters - all life is connected"
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

There are so many Himalayan Salt Lamps in the crystal shops here, of varying sizes and prices. So that's what they do.

Well, they look so much nicer than lava lamps. I wonder if they require special cleaning techniques.

Old 5 Days Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
There are so many Himalayan Salt Lamps in the crystal shops here, of varying sizes and prices. So that's what they do.

Well, they look so much nicer than lava lamps. I wonder if they require special cleaning techniques.
It's a lump of salt in which a hole has been cut/drilled to put a housing with a bulb in it.
Real salt - you can eat it.
You won't be able to clean it - except to chip off the top layer if it starts to look grimy, or dissolve off the top layer by wiping it with a wet cloth.

Or are you refering to some "special energetic clearing techniques"?

~Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are~

Mitakuye Oyasin... "my brothers and sisters - all life is connected"
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today