Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Hanson Roberts - 1 The Magician

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Citizen

Lurea 
Citizen

I love the sentence in the LWB that says: "This dual sign suggests that all creation on earth is derived from above."

The magician is the 'mind over matter' poster boy!

I've read some posters say that they sometimes read the Magician as the trickster--an unreliable person in the querent's life. Have ya'll found that to happen frequently?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
XII. The Hanging Cat

rachelcat 
XII. The Hanging Cat

Smile

Hi. I hope you don't mind if I jump in sometimes. Hanson-Roberts was my first deck (over 10 years ago) and it is still my "visualization deck." Quick, what does the Magician card look like? And there he is, bare chest and all!

I second Tarotlova. I always read that the Magician means "the will," but I never can really understand such an abstract concept. When I interpret it/him in a reading, I say "this is a person who gets things done and makes things happen in the world." My personal keyword is "competence and confidence."

The meaning of the pointing to the sky and earth is summarized in the magical saying, "As above, so below." This not only brings in the relation of creator to creation at the time of creation and in the present, but also brings in the idea of macrocosm=microcosm. "To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower." (My apologies to Wordsworth if I got the quote wrong! The dubious benefits of an English major so many years ago!)

Great group! I will visit often.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Citizen

WhiteRaven 
Citizen

On a personal level, when I'm doing a reading strictly for myself and being a Wiccan and also practicing the "Craft"...when ever he appears it's usually when I've been doing spellwork and it basically tells me, in its own Tarotish way, if I've been good or naughty..lol...no...really...it tells me or acknowledges my spellwork and if it's had a postive affect or a negative one. That's a different look on the "Magician" from a personal aspect.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
Citizen

Lurea 
Citizen

WhiteRaven, so it's the cards around the Magician that tell you the effect of your spellwork? (the ten of swords means you were a bad girl, right?)

Thanks, rachelcat and WR! It's nice to get a few personal perspectives.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

The chain and medallion on the Magician's chest look more to me like they're holding the top of the shirt from falling off his shoulders than that it's a necklace. If you look, the chain goes more from shoulder-to-shoulder and not around his neck.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Citizen

Ann Yu 
Citizen

The bare chest - I think he's got nothing to hide. What he has is ... "him". And that "him" is very talented. It may be understood that his talent can be seen by anyone, it's too obvious, too clear that we don't need to have any comment.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Resident

lunafae 
Resident

This was my first deck too. is it ok to post and join in?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Hi Lunafae,

Yes it's fine to just join in.
I've sent you a PM

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

The first post commented on the proportions of his arms; OK, this nitpicker will say that it looks a bit to me as if his right hand is slightly forward, which will make the fist look larger and the arm look shorter. (A great trick for an artist to get it all in the frame!)

His expression doesn't look worried to me. He just seems to be lowering his brows to shade himself a bit from the bright light. His gaze seems to be confidently steady.

Where can I get his shirt material for my own use??
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Resident

MaxZorr 
Resident

He looks to me that he is ready for anything that iife throwss at him andd he is redy to take on all challegers.

MaxZorr
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.