Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Lurea 
Citizen

I love the sentence in the LWB that says: "This dual sign suggests that all creation on earth is derived from above."

The magician is the 'mind over matter' poster boy!

I've read some posters say that they sometimes read the Magician as the trickster--an unreliable person in the querent's life. Have ya'll found that to happen frequently?

Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory... –Tolkien

Last edited by Lurea; 18-11-2004 at 12:24.
Lurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #11
rachelcat 
XII. The Hanging Cat

Smile

Hi. I hope you don't mind if I jump in sometimes. Hanson-Roberts was my first deck (over 10 years ago) and it is still my "visualization deck." Quick, what does the Magician card look like? And there he is, bare chest and all!

I second Tarotlova. I always read that the Magician means "the will," but I never can really understand such an abstract concept. When I interpret it/him in a reading, I say "this is a person who gets things done and makes things happen in the world." My personal keyword is "competence and confidence."

The meaning of the pointing to the sky and earth is summarized in the magical saying, "As above, so below." This not only brings in the relation of creator to creation at the time of creation and in the present, but also brings in the idea of macrocosm=microcosm. "To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wildflower." (My apologies to Wordsworth if I got the quote wrong! The dubious benefits of an English major so many years ago!)

Great group! I will visit often.
rachelcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #12
WhiteRaven 
Citizen

On a personal level, when I'm doing a reading strictly for myself and being a Wiccan and also practicing the "Craft"...when ever he appears it's usually when I've been doing spellwork and it basically tells me, in its own Tarotish way, if I've been good or naughty..lol...no...really...it tells me or acknowledges my spellwork and if it's had a postive affect or a negative one. That's a different look on the "Magician" from a personal aspect.

»§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«WhiteRaven»§«:*´`³¤³´`*:»§«
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
and the winds long to play with your hair." ~Kahlil Gibran~
WhiteRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #13
Lurea 
Citizen

WhiteRaven, so it's the cards around the Magician that tell you the effect of your spellwork? (the ten of swords means you were a bad girl, right?)

Thanks, rachelcat and WR! It's nice to get a few personal perspectives.

Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory... –Tolkien
Lurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #14
Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

The chain and medallion on the Magician's chest look more to me like they're holding the top of the shirt from falling off his shoulders than that it's a necklace. If you look, the chain goes more from shoulder-to-shoulder and not around his neck.
Grizabella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #15
Ann Yu 
Citizen

The bare chest - I think he's got nothing to hide. What he has is ... "him". And that "him" is very talented. It may be understood that his talent can be seen by anyone, it's too obvious, too clear that we don't need to have any comment.
Ann Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #16
lunafae 
Resident

This was my first deck too. is it ok to post and join in?
lunafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #17
Sulis 
believer in magic

Hi Lunafae,

Yes it's fine to just join in.
I've sent you a PM

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups

'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in' - Leonard Cohen

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #18
Morwenna 
Oversized hobbit

The first post commented on the proportions of his arms; OK, this nitpicker will say that it looks a bit to me as if his right hand is slightly forward, which will make the fist look larger and the arm look shorter. (A great trick for an artist to get it all in the frame!)

His expression doesn't look worried to me. He just seems to be lowering his brows to shade himself a bit from the bright light. His gaze seems to be confidently steady.

Where can I get his shirt material for my own use??
Morwenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #19
MaxZorr 
Resident

He looks to me that he is ready for anything that iife throwss at him andd he is redy to take on all challegers.

MaxZorr
MaxZorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #20

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today