Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Guiding Cauldron 
Citizen

Jolanda Study Group- 7 Wands

ok well i have to admit at first glance the trees remind me of asparagus!
I do get sense of courage about this card and feeling secure enough in oneself to stand your ground for what you believe in. Stand tall and proud with the torch as a guiding beacon of light feel if you like.
Guiding Cauldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Alan Ross 
Citizen

I see what you mean about the asparagus. Looking at the card is making me hungry for asparagus spears covered in Hollandaise sauce. Yummy!!

I get the same impression of courage and standing your ground that you do. This girl may be small, but she's carrying a big club and doesn't look afraid to use it. She's got her hands full though; she's surrounded by some fearsome looking beasts - a tiger, a lion, and a bear. Well, okay, the beasts may not look too fearsome. Actually they look kind of cute and cuddly. But the message of standing tall against long odds still comes through clearly.

Alan
Alan Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Guiding Cauldron 
Citizen

Asparagus

ok ur not going to believe this lol I looked up healing properties of Asparagus just for kicks and guess what it stands for?!

Asparagus: Rulers are Zeus and Mars- great for dealing with battles but with grounded knowledge.

Eating this veg steamed is great for having or enhancing personal power, protection, prosperity and stamina!

Ideally eaten from tip to base with a green sauce like basil or cilantro for prosperity. Eaten with hollandaise or white cream for stamina and passion Topped with cheeses helps provide the indiividual protection.

Well I'll be.... I guess there was a deeper meaning to seeing asparagus after all lol
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Alan Ross 
Citizen

OMG, that's wild! I would never have thought to look up the esoteric properties of asparagus. It's perfect for the card. And I thought the resemblance was accidental. Incidentally, in the GD system, this card is associated with Mars in Leo.

That was a wonderful catch on your part . I just wish we could attract more forum members to our study group. I'm wondering now how many other obscure symbolic goodies are tucked away in these cards. The more eyes and the more knowledge we bring to these cards, the more likely we'll be to catch them.

Alan
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Guiding Cauldron 
Citizen

aww thank you

i know wasnt that wild! I just popped in my head to have a look over, my hedgie tendencies kicking in I guess lol Glad it gave you a tickle!

I hear ya I too wish more could join us in this thread but baby steps after all it just started up , so who knows who will pass by and come on in in future.

Ok I just looked at ur profile u have like a gazillion decks lol

Last edited by Guiding Cauldron; 08-02-2009 at 08:15.
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Alan Ross 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiding Cauldron
Ok I just looked at ur profile u have like a gazillion decks lol
That's because I have no self-control . One of the worst things that ever happpened to my bank account was the Amazon.com "one-click" buy button. Most of my decks just sit languishing in their boxes or bags and rarely see the light of day, but my inner packrat prevents me from getting rid of them. I do have a core of decks that I use frequently, and I believe that the Jolanda will join this elect group. It's an utterly charming, quirky deck that doesn't stray too far from my RWS/Thoth comfort zone.

Getting back to the Seven of Wands, the keyword "Djarvhet" translates as "Audacity." It's a good choice for this card. The little cavegirl looks like she's full of spunk. She reminds me of Bam-Bam from the Flintstones cartoon series. She could be his older sister.

Alan
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Guiding Cauldron 
Citizen

lol i hear ya i REALLY struggle not to buy all i want on a whim; but alas my bank account wont permit it either- but thats not to say i dont cheat on occassion and scrimp even more to buy

this year i;m trying to only buy 1 deck a month, gives me time to really get to know the new deck before it joins my cupboard for further use too. But its REALLY hard to stick to lol
Old 08-02-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Luna's Crone 
Luna's Granny

That was very interesting about the asparagus. These cards are the best. LOL
Luna's Crone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today