Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

Sweet Twilight -- 3 of wands

These girls clambering over the rocks towards the rising sun look like sirens or banshees to me. The LWB says "All hope feeds the dawn, the promise of a fresh new day. As each challenge slows our chase of the sun, we can pause, reflect on how far we've come and move on feeling renewed. Or not." I'm not sure these people chasng the sun are my kind of people!

Old 20-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Hemera 
Nordic Cool

There is something a bit nightmarish in this card. I am thinking of very career oriented people who are clawing their way upwards and not having fun at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Three of Wands.jpg (41.7 KB, 30 views)

Old 20-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

Look at this

The Led Zeppelin "Houses of the Holy" album cover:

http://blog.iso50.com/wp-content/upl...-holy-back.jpg

Now ain't that a thing!

Old 20-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Hemera 
Nordic Cool

Hmm.. This deck seems to have lots of such "coincidences". I wonder if it is because the artist has been very heavily influenced by those particular pieces of art (this card, the Willy Wonka card, 6 of Swords..) or because the artist has reached some kind of archetypal level where these symbols are similar and can be reached by all? (If you know what I mean)

Old 20-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

This is fascinating. I'm going to see if I can find some more "coincidences."

Stand by. SP.

Old 21-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Hemera 
Nordic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctum_Priest
This is fascinating. I'm going to see if I can find some more "coincidences."

Stand by. SP.
LOL Im looking forward to hearing about your findings.

Old 21-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
There is something a bit nightmarish in this card. I am thinking of very career oriented people who are clawing their way upwards and not having fun at it.
Yesa, I can see this.

Regarding the influences, this is the one reason a book would be great. The LWB is perfect for everything else.

Protector of Malteser Bunnies
Aerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
enchanted spirit 
Citizen

As a serious Led Zeppelin fan, I gotta say that I was shocked by the similarity of this card to the Houses of the Holy album cover. Now I have the song "Houses of the Holy" stuck in my head . . . except that song is actually on Physical Graffiti. Anyway, the album Houses of the Holy is my absolute favorite in the entire world, and "Over the Hills and Far Away" is my absolute favorite song in the entire world, from Houses of the Holy. Sorry, a little tangent there . . . but this is the 1st time one card totally sold me on a tarot deck . . . this is amazing! I LOVE IT!!!!!

The LWB talks about the dawn, and chasing the sun, I hadn't thought about the 2 of wands that way, but I like it. I think that is a very good image for that idea. I see the people climbing the rocks, on their way to their goal. Will they make it?
enchanted spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

The deck has a lot of art references in it and we've only scratched the surface of finding them I think.

Protector of Malteser Bunnies
Aerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Sanctum_Priest 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchanted spirit
As a serious Led Zeppelin fan, I gotta say that I was shocked by the similarity of this card to the Houses of the Holy album cover.

I could have believed that it was a coincidence if it weren't for the fact that Hemera pointed out something that simply cannot be, that is the angel on the stretcher in 6 of Swords which must have been influenced by the Simberg painting.

I have to say, though, that apart from the "coincidences" already reported, which is probably about half a dozen, I haven't found anything else.

Old 16-09-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today