Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Mythic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Mythic Tarot - Nine Pentacles

Daedelus stands with his hands folded and a contented look upon his face. His workman’s clothes have been replaced by a gown and he wears a laurel wreath. Nine pentacles are stacked before him and he is surrounded by a trellis that is laden with grapevines.

Laurel Leaves/Wreath
  • laurel was used to crown victors in contests; the striving spirit and crown of victory are aspects of Apollo
  • symbol of victory, peace, purification, protection, divination, secret knowledge and immortality
  • laurel wreaths were worn by those worthy of honor, especially poets (poet laureate)
Overview
  • a state of great satisfaction
  • the solitary enjoyment of good things
  • the pleasure in self-sufficiency and accomplishment which can only come from within oneself and which one offers to oneself
  • satisfaction in knowing that one’s wits and efforts have ensured one’s survival, wealth and position for the rest of one’s life
  • reward and achievement in one’s own eyes
  • worldly achievement
  • a deep and permanent sense of self-value that has been earned through meeting life’s challenges and surviving them all
  • the ability to rely on oneself without needing the constant support of others
Random Thoughts
  • an unconventional path to success
  • risk that has paid off
  • I have survived
  • that which doesn’t kill us makes us stronger
  • the potential shown by the grapes in the 8 has increased even further since there are now six bunches hanging from the trellis
  • perfected work since all nine pentacles are finished
  • someone who has a spotty past finally makes good

The keyword/phrase that I came up with in my workbook on 14Mar92 was "satisfaction (personal)".

Rodney

Old 08-08-2010     Top   #1
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today