Queen Omphale sits on her throne out in a lush field where cows can be seen grazing in the distance. In one hand she holds up a pentacle, while the other holds up a bunch of grapes. Bullís heads adorn her throne.
- she bought Heracles when he was for sale as a slave, and he rid her country of bandits
- a widow, she was an able ruler because of her pragmatic and powerful character
- Heracles was her lover and fathered three sons with her
- Pan took a fancy to her one day when she and Heracles were visiting vineyards; aware of the godís interest in her, she suggested that she and Heracles change clothes before retiring for the night; so when Pan tried to have his way with her in the dead of night, he was actually attacking Heracles, who kicked Pan across the grotto
- she took great pride and pleasure in physical and sensual comforts
- she represents the sensuality of the body itself because the Greeks believed that passion was centered in the navel, after which she is named
- a ruler in her own right who is generous, but also pragmatic and protective of her wealth and territory
- an image of high self-value because she treats herself, her body and her country with care and lavish generosity
- the receptive, stable, sensuous dimension of the element of Earth
- image of feminine strength and sensuality
- not just a craving for physical satisfaction but a primordial force that possesses both dignity and power
- the need to bow to the power of the instincts and acknowledge that even the mind and spirituality exist in a body made of earth
- earthy and acute, appreciates both physical and material comfort
- enjoys luxury, beauty and high-quality goods
- thrives on that which is pleasing to the senses
- generally peaceful, serene and calm but also has a bull-like temper when angered and can be stubborn, rigid and inflexible when pushed or rushed
- patience and perseverance in completing projects
- steadfast, loyal, practical, patient
- I want the best because I deserve it!
- an eye for a bargain
- being in touch with oneís sexual nature and needs
The keyword/phrase I wrote in my workbook on 18Aug91 was "peaceful nature, sensuous outlook, patience and loyalty".