Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Mythic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Mythic Tarot - Queen Pentacles

Queen Omphale sits on her throne out in a lush field where cows can be seen grazing in the distance. In one hand she holds up a pentacle, while the other holds up a bunch of grapes. Bullís heads adorn her throne.

Omphale
  • she bought Heracles when he was for sale as a slave, and he rid her country of bandits
  • a widow, she was an able ruler because of her pragmatic and powerful character
  • Heracles was her lover and fathered three sons with her
  • Pan took a fancy to her one day when she and Heracles were visiting vineyards; aware of the godís interest in her, she suggested that she and Heracles change clothes before retiring for the night; so when Pan tried to have his way with her in the dead of night, he was actually attacking Heracles, who kicked Pan across the grotto
  • she took great pride and pleasure in physical and sensual comforts
  • she represents the sensuality of the body itself because the Greeks believed that passion was centered in the navel, after which she is named
  • a ruler in her own right who is generous, but also pragmatic and protective of her wealth and territory
  • an image of high self-value because she treats herself, her body and her country with care and lavish generosity
Overview
  • the receptive, stable, sensuous dimension of the element of Earth
  • image of feminine strength and sensuality
  • not just a craving for physical satisfaction but a primordial force that possesses both dignity and power
  • the need to bow to the power of the instincts and acknowledge that even the mind and spirituality exist in a body made of earth
Taurus
  • earthy and acute, appreciates both physical and material comfort
  • enjoys luxury, beauty and high-quality goods
  • thrives on that which is pleasing to the senses
  • generally peaceful, serene and calm but also has a bull-like temper when angered and can be stubborn, rigid and inflexible when pushed or rushed
  • patience and perseverance in completing projects
  • steadfast, loyal, practical, patient
Random Thoughts
  • I want the best because I deserve it!
  • an eye for a bargain
  • being in touch with oneís sexual nature and needs

The keyword/phrase I wrote in my workbook on 18Aug91 was "peaceful nature, sensuous outlook, patience and loyalty".

Rodney

Old 08-08-2010 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today