Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Closed Thread

Espeon 
Resident

I just finished coloring the edges of my Beautiful Creatures Tarot dark blue.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d03c8a2f93.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...363d48e56a.jpg

Small effort for a big improvement. Got to know this deck better while individually coloring each card. Win-win-win haha.
Old 19-08-2016 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #991
Dee Ell 
cat slave

Trimmed Truth Seeker's Tarot with metallic copper edges (I also added this deck to the Trading Forum if you fall in love )

I don't have before trimming pics, unfortunately.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161223_115902.jpg (58.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161223_115810.jpg (43.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161223_115723.jpg (39.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 24-12-2016 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #992
Michellehihi 
Citizen

Seeking advice on trimming

I have seen totally trimmed Mary-El but haven't seen any deck where 3 sides were trimmed and only the bottom was kept. What are your opinions on it? Should I? Because I love the black borders but unfortunately the images are not centred on my deck...
Old 03-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #993
decan 
Citizen

I trimmed the Bonefire Tarot + rounded corners (2nd edition by Schiffer publishing); it is without borders and titles

ETA: I add as well a pic of my Druicraft once trimmed + rounded corners (I haven't a pic of this deck before), without the external white borders only.

ETA: I add a pic of the Bonefire "before"; actually it is a pic of another copy, no trimmed, that I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bonefire1.jpg (101.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Bonefire2.jpg (106.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Druidcraft.jpg (68.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Bonefire_Before.jpg (109.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by decan; 09-01-2017 at 00:17.
Old 05-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #994
euripides 
Citizen

I'm not sure if I should add to this thread or start a new thread...

the list of altered decks is SO long I could spend hours... so ... if you're a fan of trimmed decks, which do you think look the best and are best suited to being trimmed, and perhaps aren't made too difficult to read with the loss of titles?

I'd love a trimmed deck - something a little smaller than usual but without being mini cards - and am thinking of choosing one and commissioning an experienced deck-trimmer to do it for me.
Old 08-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #995
RavenLuna 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by euripides View Post
I'm not sure if I should add to this thread or start a new thread...

the list of altered decks is SO long I could spend hours... so ... if you're a fan of trimmed decks, which do you think look the best and are best suited to being trimmed, and perhaps aren't made too difficult to read with the loss of titles?

I'd love a trimmed deck - something a little smaller than usual but without being mini cards - and am thinking of choosing one and commissioning an experienced deck-trimmer to do it for me.
My favourite trimmed decks are the Thoth and Druidcraft. They really come alive when they are trimmed. I've also removed the borders and titles from the Wildwood, but you need to know the cards well to read with those. The Druidcraft works really well, but it wouldn't be smaller than a usual deck. They are wider but slightly shorter images than a standard card. The Goddess Tarot (Kris Waldherr) is another one that is miles better without all those borders.

I suppose it depends which system you use the most. If you love RWS, you could trim the borders off those into a pocket sized deck, but the titles would have to stay on to make the Majors the same size as the Minors. If you didn't want any titles, you could trim something like a Crystal Visions or Llewellyn. If you use the Thoth, that would be my recommendation. It makes a massive difference to the cards. Some will say to leave the corners sharp, others prefer rounded corners.
Old 08-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #996
ana luisa 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by decan View Post
I trimmed the Bonefire Tarot (2nd edition by Schiffer publishing); it is without borders and titles.

I just have a few pics of the deck two-sided once trimmed.

ETA: I add as well a pic of my Druicraft trimmed, without the external white border only.
The Bonefire looks AMAZING trimmed !! Great job You may have pushed me into buying it after all. How does it read ?
Old 08-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #997
decan 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana luisa View Post
The Bonefire looks AMAZING trimmed !! Great job You may have pushed me into buying it after all. How does it read ?
Oh thanks!
I feel comfortable with it but I had it lately and apart from the forum I don't do readings. Compared to my other decks I have a sense that it is more emotional in some way.
Well, if you know Robert Place decks, with the Bonefire it is the contrary!
Old 08-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #998
decan 
Citizen

I just added (in my previous post) a picture of the Bonefire "before"; actually it is a pic of another copy, not trimmed, that I have.

I am sorry if it is inappropriate to post in this thread (because it is a long thread that will be closed), I don't really know.

Last edited by decan; 09-01-2017 at 00:44.
Old 09-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #999
Zephyros 
Jedi

This thread has reached a thousand posts and so is closed. There's a new thread open here which follows the same lines, but won't be indexed.

Old 12-01-2017 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1000
Closed Thread

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today