Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Herbal Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Soaring Eagle 
Citizen

Herbal Tarot - Four of Cups - Burdock

You can see the minor arcane cards in Constellation 4.

Description: A woman is sitting next to a large burdock plant. There is a stream running beside her. A hand is coming out of some clouds on the ground while holding a cup. There are three cups set in front of the cloud.

Significant Details: The cups symbolize containing emotions or life forces. The burdock plant represents virility. The stream represents life forces.

Keywords: Apathy, Self-Absorption, Boredom, Withdrawal

Medicinal Uses: “Burdock is one of the finest blood purifiers in the herbal system of medicine. It is classified as an alterative, diuretic and diaphoretic. These properties make it of value in the treatment of boils, acne and eczema. It helps the kidneys to filter out impurities from the blood very quickly.” Culpeper’s Color Herbal. “Historically, It seeds have been used to make a effective tincture to clean the blood, to cure gout and ulcers,rheumatism, arthritis, and useful for skin conditions such as acne and psoriasis. In India its root has been used as a popular anti-cancer treatment, and in China it is thought to be an efficacious aphrodisiac, favorable in curing impotence and sterility.” It is a mild laxative, mild diuretic, depurative, bitter, diaphoretic, antirheumatic, antibiotic, orexigenic, anti-inflammatory, relaxant, demulcent, and tonic. “Burdock is a beneficial treatment for bacterial and fungal infections . It has mild diuretic actions, eliminate toxins via the urine .Also helps to clear toxins from the tissues via the skin as it causes sweating. It has been used in anorexia nervosa and similar problems.It is used to give a healthy elasticity to a weak digestion, relieve wind, distension and indigestion and as a mild laxative.It can be used to aid kidney function because they encourage the elimination of uric acid via the kidneys. Externally burdock may be used as a poultice to speed up the healing of wounds and ulcers .Burdock root have mild antibacterial and anti fungal property which may act to ebb skin conditions such as athlete's foot, dandruff, diaper rash, dry skin.Both the roots and leaves can be used to cure water retention,rheumatism,gout , cystitis, stones and gravel.” Side Effects: “Burdock may lead to either increases or reductions in blood sugar levels. Using burdock is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women as it may cause damage to the fetus or the risk of spontaneous abortion.” http://www.health-care-tips.org/herb...es/burdock.htm

My Interpretation: You may feel bored right now. Don’t allow yourself to fall into an emotional withdrawal or become self-absorbed. This is a time for finding your emotional stability.

Number Significance: 4 – Foundation, Structure, Stability

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: The 4 of Cups is ruled by the Moon in Cancer. Burdock is ruled by Venus. The 4 of Wands is in Constellation 4 with IV Emperor, XIII Death, 0 Fool, and the Fours. Completion and Transition. Establishing and Building. Releasing. Mortality and Immortality. Rites of Passage.

Why is this woman sitting there looking bored? Does she not want what is being offered to her? Is she so absorbed in her own thoughts that she doesn't even notice the hand offering her the cup?
Soaring Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011     Top   #1
divinegoddess 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Eagle View Post
Why is this woman sitting there looking bored? Does she not want what is being offered to her? Is she so absorbed in her own thoughts that she doesn't even notice the hand offering her the cup?
To me, it looks as if she is caught up in her train of thoughts. She doesn't look bored to me but rather just thinking, perhaps even daydreaming.

A quote of a song comes to my mind when I look at this image:

Daydreamin (daydreamin)
I fell asleep beneath the flowers (I fell asleep beneath the flowers)
For a couple of hours (for a couple of hours)
On a beautiful day (on a beautiful day)
Daydreamin (daydreamin)
I dream of you amid the flowers (I dream of you amid the flowers)
Such a beautiful day (such a beautiful - daaaaaaaay)

(Jill Scott ft Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin)

Old 01-12-2011     Top   #2
Soaring Eagle 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinegoddess View Post
To me, it looks as if she is caught up in her train of thoughts. She doesn't look bored to me but rather just thinking, perhaps even daydreaming.

A quote of a song comes to my mind when I look at this image:

Daydreamin (daydreamin)
I fell asleep beneath the flowers (I fell asleep beneath the flowers)
On a beautiful day (on a beautiful day)
Daydreamin (daydreamin)
I dream of you amid the flowers (I dream of you amid the flowers)
Such a beautiful day (such a beautiful - daaaaaaaay)

(Jill Scott ft Lupe Fiasco - Daydreamin)
That is a great song for this card. Yes, I can see how she could be daydreaming.
Soaring Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011     Top   #3
divinegoddess 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaring Eagle View Post
That is a great song for this card. Yes, I can see how she could be daydreaming.
Glad you like it
Another thought just came to my mind, it could be that she is meditating. I see her legs being crossed as if she was meditating and listening to her inner voice

Old 01-12-2011     Top   #4
Falcor 
Mageshifter

My thoughts

I see the card a bit differently. If you look on the card it divided into two halves. The cups half and the woman sitting half.

The woman is sitting there as if she is deeply concentrated, meditating, listening to herself. That is the real world.

The cups are in the clouds. It's her inner world. We don't know if the cups are full or empty, including the one that is offered to her. But even if they are empty they can be filled up.
With what? That is up to the woman.

So for me the woman is working on filling up her inner and spiritual world.

Last edited by Falcor; 09-01-2016 at 20:17.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016     Top   #5
RobynHills 
Citizen

I have only received this tarot last week. I really love it, I could feel a definite energy upon opening.

The stream flowing calmly in front of her suggests that to me that this woman is content and previous experiences have bought her a modicum of inner peace.
Her red dress with a green lining could suggest a readiness for new experiences and a need for growth.
She would be able to meet any new experiences with inner passion (red dress) and also be able to draw up past lessons in order to learn and grow. The multicolor scarf and belt suggests that to me.
She may be unaware of this though as she is not looking at the offered cup. Instead she is looking at the reader as if asking for direction.
She also has a red rose tucked into her hair. I think that may also be an indication that she has some emotions brewing, ready to spill out in the 5 of cups.
In the bottom right hand corner there is something, I cant quite make it out. Maybe a flower or a small animal?
RobynHills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016     Top   #6
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today