Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Mary-El Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Bat Chicken 
Citizen

Mary El Tarot - Four of Swords

http://www.mary-el.com/swords1.html

This is a beautiful painting of a storm with cumulonimbus/anvil cloud that comes with a lightning storm. It looks like the desert in Spring and the two tallest mesas are being struck. There is an uncanny resemblance to twin towers? I think we live in times where the association is hard to avoid. The birds are flying above the storm where the sun still shines, unaffected by its violence.

The majority of the card is the airspace the element of air is made visible by the water in the clouds. That said, many of these lightning storms pass without producing rain and not a few wildfires have begun here in Oklahoma because of that kind of storm this Spring. The shadows here indicate rain to me, however, so perhaps the fires of the previous card are being cooled. Both the lightning fire and the rain both delivered by the air.

The danger is at a distance and the storm appears to be moving by for now.

Thoughts?

Old 15-03-2012 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
missy 
Citizen

Four of Swords

The clouds are still rolling in. But blue sky is on the horizon.

Those on the ground need to take cover. Dark birds in the air are ominous.

Card meanings: A warning. Look out for the unexpected. Possibly a downturn followed by an upturn. There may be a period of hardship, but you will overcome it. Look out for unseen enemies. Look for the silver lining. Be optimistic. Know who your true friends are: now is the time to seek them out.

Last edited by missy; 10-09-2012 at 13:18.
missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
cSpaceDiva 
Citizen

My impressions of the 4 of Swords may have been off the mark. What I saw at the bottom of the cards was a distant city or factory, with 2 smokestacks emitting something into the air. The darker area I viewed as pollution or smog. Relating this to the mind and communication, I thought about how we can allow our thoughts to be polluted, or how toxic words and thoughts can pollute the environment around us--our relationships with others, etc. I relate this card to the standard meaning of the 4 of Swords by noting that the action appears to be very far away. This could depict stepping away from the situation, giving yourself some distance in order to see the big picture and recover from being in or contributing to a harmful environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Chicken View Post
There is an uncanny resemblance to twin towers? I think we live in times where the association is hard to avoid.
I noticed that too. I was also a little confused reading the book, for example when she says, "he strikes upon the Temple of the Horizon....the two open legs of the High Priestess." (Landscapes of the Abyss, p. 93) The legs of the HP are closed, but I do see the same two towers to the bottom right in the HP card. Maybe I'm being too literal.
cSpaceDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Michellehihi 
Citizen

I am just starting to read with this beautiful deck, and this morning I picked this card. I like the imagery, but the text in the companion book....well, I don't understand it and I don't see the relation with the image....
Michellehihi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Laiste 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSpaceDiva View Post
My impressions of the 4 of Swords may have been off the mark. What I saw at the bottom of the cards was a distant city or factory, with 2 smokestacks emitting something into the air. The darker area I viewed as pollution or smog. Relating this to the mind and communication, I thought about how we can allow our thoughts to be polluted, or how toxic words and thoughts can pollute the environment around us--our relationships with others, etc. I relate this card to the standard meaning of the 4 of Swords by noting that the action appears to be very far away. This could depict stepping away from the situation, giving yourself some distance in order to see the big picture and recover from being in or contributing to a harmful environment.
I really like this interpretation, thank you, now i see the picture more clear for myself. It's my card of the day and had it really difficult to connect with this one, a lot of resistance (especially the factories). Now i've read all of the interpretations of everyone in the previous replies, i can have peace with it :p Thank you all

Last edited by Laiste; 29-01-2017 at 19:49.
Laiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today