Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

The 30 Aethyrs

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
This book by Duquette seems quite good for the Enochian Magick.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Enochian-Vis.../dp/1578633826
There are the Liber 418 study threads on here too that are interesting. I had a peek ahead at the next one - The Cry of the 19th Aethyr, Which is Called POP. I noticed it mentions something like your thoughts on Time.(on the other Devil thread).

Quote:
And now there is a mighty god, Sebek12, with the head of a crocodile. His head is gray, like river mud, and his jaws fill the whole Aire. And he crunches up the whole tree and the ground and everything.

(The Saturnian Destroyer --- as opposed to Shiva. Time swallows up all ideas, all experiences, Life itself. That is a statement of the condition which the Exempt Adept aspires to transcend by becoming a Magister Templi).
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/418/aetyr19.htm
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #21
foolMoon's Avatar
foolMoon  foolMoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Apr 2014
Location: Garden of Light
Posts: 985
foolMoon 
Citizen

foolMoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
There are the Liber 418 study threads on here too that are interesting. I had a peek ahead at the next one - The Cry of the 19th Aethyr, Which is Called POP. I noticed it mentions something like your thoughts on Time.(on the other Devil thread).



http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/418/aetyr19.htm
That's it. It is very similar to what I was thinking about Time at times. But what a beautifully and mystically put The Cry of the 19th Aethyr.

Thank you for the link, and also for your pointing out the relevant passage from the Aythr to my ideas about Time. I will be joining the study Liber 418 meet you there
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #22
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
That's it. It is very similar to what I was thinking about Time at times. But what a beautifully and mystically put The Cry of the 19th Aethyr.

Thank you for the link, and also for your pointing out the relevant passage from the Aythr to my ideas about Time. I will be joining the study Liber 418 meet you there
more the merrier
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #23
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
That's it. It is very similar to what I was thinking about Time at times. But what a beautifully and mystically put The Cry of the 19th Aethyr.

Thank you for the link, and also for your pointing out the relevant passage from the Aythr to my ideas about Time. I will be joining the study Liber 418 meet you there
On reflection, perhaps with your Time ideas you already have

I am finding the Aethyrs odd things. I have noticed that I don't get anything like interesting visions or active imagination. However, sometimes I find myself going a little bit awol, with a few coincidences perhaps influenced by things I have read about without realising. Time seems muddled or running differently and I can't remember if the coincidences I note are before after or whatever.... On Time this Aethry seems to have been activated and running by itself, at least in my overactive imagination. I noticed the references to Chorozon who I had previously had a sudden interest in. Also a reference to Pisces and Qoph (don't now what it means though) brought up by that great thread by Thirteen on the Moon.

Quote:
The little gate is guarded by a great green dragon. And now the whole wall is suddenly fallen away; there is a blaze of the chariots and the horsemen; a furious battle is raging. One hears nothing but the clash of steel and the neighing of the chargers and the shrieks of the wounded. A thousand fall at every encounter and are trampled under foot. Yet the Aethyr is always full; there are infinite reserves.

No; that is all wrong, for this is not a battle between two forces, but a mle in which each warrior fights for himself against all the others. I cannot see one who has even one ally. And the least fortunate, who fall soonest, are those in the chariots. For as soon as they are engaged in fighting, their own charioteers stab them in the back.(9 This seems to be a Vision of the Ideas which the Alphabet of Daggers is to analyze. The confusion suggests the influence of Choronzon)
Quote:
And upon her breast is written: Rosa Mundi est Lilium Coeli22 squares in the midst. It radiates a blaze of light, too dazzling to make out the characters, and a voice says: Non haec piscis omnium23. (footnote23.Pisces = fish. Nun literally means fish. Qoph refers to the sign Pisces. The versicle means: "She is not attained by all men".)
Clearly lots of firm evidence there... I blame the approaching Full Moon...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #24
foolMoon's Avatar
foolMoon  foolMoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Apr 2014
Location: Garden of Light
Posts: 985
foolMoon 
Citizen

foolMoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
On reflection, perhaps with your Time ideas you already have

I am finding the Aethyrs odd things. I have noticed that I don't get anything like interesting visions or active imagination. However, sometimes I find myself going a little bit awol, with a few coincidences perhaps influenced by things I have read about without realising. Time seems muddled or running differently and I can't remember if the coincidences I note are before after or whatever.... On Time this Aethry seems to have been activated and running by itself, at least in my overactive imagination. I noticed the references to Chorozon who I had previously had a sudden interest in. Also a reference to Pisces and Qoph (don't now what it means though) brought up by that great thread by Thirteen on the Moon.
So far I have not had any mystical or divine experiences through the voices and visions either, but I feel, provided that settings and atmosphere are right, and the right rituals are performed with a state of elevated consciousness, it might be possible to experience them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
Clearly lots of firm evidence there... I blame the approaching Full Moon...
The whole universe is working under the astrological influence, I believe. I mean if The Moon was slightly somewhere else than where she is, the life on earth would not be what it is, for a simple example, and that theory comes from the scientists.

It is understandable that Tarot is associated with Astrology, although how and why is debate-able, and could be up to the individuals to go with which and what association.

I use the Moon light to consecrate my Tarot decks, when it is Full Moon, I put them out in the garden over night to soak up the energy. And of course, I do worship her.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #25
smw's Avatar
smw  smw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 623
smw 
Citizen

smw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
The whole universe is working under the astrological influence, I believe.

It is understandable that Tarot is associated with Astrology, although how and why is debate-able, and could be up to the individuals to go with which and what association.
I seem to have a block with Astrology, I'll have to find some easy books to start. I had thought it was different from Astronomy but then looked into the differences between Tropical and sidereal Astrology that seem to have a different astronomical basis of Stars or equatorial sphere....but then if it has an astronomical basis and more things have been found or shifted how does that affect the zodiac sign placements... sigh....

http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

hang on according to that I am not Saggitarius anymore!! ...makes me Ophiuchus, whatever that might be. (Eta seems this is not a sign, rather a constellation already noted way back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolMoon View Post
I use the Moon light to consecrate my Tarot decks, when it is Full Moon, I put them out in the garden over night to soak up the energy. And of course, I do worship her.
That is beautiful foolmoon it sounds lovely to have a strong connection like that.

Although I understand the feminine and masculine energies associated to the Moon and Sun, if I actually look at them I don't really feel that strongly, more a feel that the Sun is all and shimmering and the earth receiving, soaking up life and growing, with the Moon a mysterious, darkly in between beautiful space where things are more unknown.

*I have noticed an interesting reference to a Lunar Godess in Regardie's Tree of Life. to Yesod close to the Moon path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regardie
The Godess Bast or Pasht, who is the deity correspondence of Yesod the foundation, is usually represented in the form of a woman with the head of a cat
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #26
foolMoon's Avatar
foolMoon  foolMoon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Apr 2014
Location: Garden of Light
Posts: 985
foolMoon 
Citizen

foolMoon's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw View Post
I seem to have a block with Astrology, I'll have to find some easy books to start. I had thought it was different from Astronomy but then looked into the differences between Tropical and sidereal Astrology that seem to have a different astronomical basis of Stars or equatorial sphere....but then if it has an astronomical basis and more things have been found or shifted how does that affect the zodiac sign placements... sigh....

http://www.livescience.com/4667-astrological-sign.html

hang on according to that I am not Saggitarius anymore!! ...makes me Ophiuchus, whatever that might be. (Eta seems this is not a sign, rather a constellation already noted way back)
Sorry, for delay in replying. I just read it. I am a beginner in astrology, but very keen to learn it. I got a few books on astrology, so plenty to read.

I am an Aquarius. When I read about it, it seems really making sense for my character lol.

I am also interested in horary astrology as well. In occult studies, there is no difficulties for us, but only paths, and we just walk along the path enjoying the reading and learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smw

That is beautiful foolmoon it sounds lovely to have a strong connection like that.
Thank you smw. The decks seem definitely connecting better after that, and feel very personal in my hands.


Quote:
Originally Posted by smw

Although I understand the feminine and masculine energies associated to the Moon and Sun, if I actually look at them I don't really feel that strongly, more a feel that the Sun is all and shimmering and the earth receiving, soaking up life and growing, with the Moon a mysterious, darkly in between beautiful space where things are more unknown.

*I have noticed an interesting reference to a Lunar Godess in Regardie's Tree of Life. to Yesod close to the Moon path.
I agree with you about the Sun and Moon. I like the Moon very much, hence my id lol
Yeah, Regardie's TOL book is a classic. Thank you for your beautiful quote from the book.

93
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #27
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.