Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Margarete Petersen Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

Margarete Petersen Study -Ace of Cups - the Lotus

Translation:
  • Clear, fresh water, the opening of the heart. The source of feelings. You are full of vitality, sudden inspirations in contact with your feelings. To share one's feelings. Pure love.

An opening-up to a new encounter with one's self and other people.

Natural springs in nature are considered holy places. There, water is especially pure and mineral rich.

The Lotus as flower of light and of purity is the source of all being. Symbol of renewal and of the opening heart.

Link to image: As der Kelche

Return to MP Index

Last edited by firemaiden; 25-07-2005 at 10:09.
firemaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

How wonderfully apt is the replacement of the traditional holy grail image for this card with the Lotus Blossom. MP says "The Lotus as flower of light and of purity is the source of all being. Symbol of renewal and of the opening heart."

This on-line essay "The Lotus" by Amanda F. Rourke recalls MP's text:
Quote:
Theosophy interprets [the Lotus]as alluding to the unfoldment of the inner divine potential, and two parallels between spiritual and physical planes and between cosmic creation and spiritual rebirth. Because its seed already has within it perfectly formed embryo leaves and whole plantlets -- even to the flowers -- this water lily symbolizes the recalling of the universe from the Eternal at the beginning of a great solar cycle.
Perfect icon then for the Ace, "because its seed already has within it perfectly formed embryo leaves and whole plantlets".

So much in this one little flower!! -- symbol of
- the source (fountain) of all life/creation
- the sun and light
- the opening, blooming, unfolding heart
- the "unfoldment of inner divine potential"
- the beginning of a great cycle.
- ressurrection
- love...
firemaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Major Tom 
Papa Toad

Ah well,

This is perfect for this time.

"Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility." Eleanor Roosevelt
Major Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Little Baron 
Citizen

Little Bubbles ........

This card seems deeper than I might expect to find it. On first glance, the water moves. It refreshes itself in soft white foam. Little bubbles rise to the surface. There is a hint of something darker beneath. And am I right in seeing the shadow of a fish right beneath the flower? A koi, maybe, with the bulk of it's body gliding past, in view.

And as the fish moves, so do we. This card projects a moment of emotion. When we smile. When we laugh. When tears rise within us, like the bubbles, and then fall from our eyes. All emotion is here, in it's lightest and darkest. It flows over us as quickly as the koi moving to the surface for a little air and then darting back into the depths. It is pure emotion, with no rhyme or reason. Plain and simple.

Emotion can open like this flower. And emotion can be beautiful, as it unfolds to the light of 'another person'. It is the opening of our hearts. The parting of our lips in a kiss. The taking of our hand from our pocket to share with another in a handshake or caress. When I have seen someone I have been fond of in the past, or I have met someone that I am attracted to, soon after, my heart opens like this flower. The opening is a response. It is the exercising of an emotional muscle. And like this flower, it feels alive as it floats gently on the water's surface. It bobs along with the current, disturbed by love, as the lotus is distutbed by the movement of the fish.

A truely beautiful 'Ace of Cups'.

LB
Little Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Parzival 
Citizen

Ace of Cups -- The Lotus

The opening of the Heart Chakra before the Universe, no fear, no anger, no attachment, Heart-Force outpoured freely : The Poem and The Image are One, two become One.

Old 24-06-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
GryffinSong 
Citizen

Beautiful and powerful card. I've not had this deck long, and hadn't studied this card before now. I see all that you've said and more. I associate the lotus with soul, spirit, center. It's gorgeous, yet fragile. Soft, yet full of life. Full of promise, and yet it will wilt and die.

Old 24-06-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today