Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Notices

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Using Tarot Cards Posting Rules Q&A Thread

As you hopefully have seen, there are NEW UTC Posting Guidelines. This thread has been created for folks to ask questions about the new guidelines, especially the update to the guideline on the posting of partial readings - now up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be discussed in UTC. Complete readings (one card to the entire deck) will still need to be discussed in Your Readings. Other changes related to this change are that:
  • Posters must now provide their own interpretation of each card they wish to discuss
  • Posters must now provide feedback to everyone who provides an interpretation

Your UTC Forum Moderators:
rwcarter, Wendywu and Thirteen

Last edited by rwcarter; 26-10-2013 at 03:37.
rwcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

A highly illicit and unashamed BUMP!

Come see the new guidelines

Old 19-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
rwcarter 
student of tarot

More folks are looking at this thread than at the updated guidelines. Nobody has any questions or comments?

Old 19-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Sulis 
believer in magic

OK I have a question:

Are interpretations needed if I just post 2 cards from a 10 card spread or do I just need to interpret and give feedback if I post more than that number (up to half of the cards)?

'I feel the riches of our days are like smoke to hold,
I'd make a paper heart to love you if I knew where to fold' Peace Repackaged - Lionrock

'Be excellent to each other' Bill & Ted
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

AT is intended primarily as a teaching forum and so we feel that if you're going to ask about card meanings you need to have a shot at your own interpretation. It doesn't have to be a brilliant attempt - if you weren't stuck you wouldn't be asking - but do have a bash at it.

And remember - just as in Your Readings you do need to respond to everyone who comes and offers their assistance.

Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Sulis 
believer in magic

Thanks .

And another question:
What will happen if I post half of the cards in my spread but I don't interpret them? Will the thread be left here in Using Tarot Cards or will it be moved to Your Readings where I'll have to add the rest of the reading?

I'd make a paper heart to love you if I knew where to fold' Peace Repackaged - Lionrock

Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

If that happened a moddie note would be added asking that you add interpretations, and requesting the rest of the members not to post on the thread until you had done so .

Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Sulis 
believer in magic

Thank you . So I'm presuming that if I post all of the cards but only interpret some of them, the thread will be moved to Your Readings and I'll have to interpret the rest.. Is that right?

Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

Absolutely right

If you want to discuss patterns of cards in readings, rather than the specific cards, and it tots up to more than half the cards then just mention "recurring sixes", or "all majors" and that'll be fine.

If the moderators are in any way confused about whether you are discussing a pattern or recurring group of cards (or whatever) but you have actually mentioned all the cards, then we'd likely add a moddy note asking what you want to talk about and again, we'd ask other members to hold off posting until you'd clarified and edited your post if necessary.

Last edited by Wendywu; 21-10-2013 at 02:13.
Wendywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
danieljuk 
Oracle

saw the new guidelines jump across the new posts and have taken note

so if someone posts a thread about how to shuffle cards in using tarot that is fine. If they post up to half their spread, they must now give interpretations of the cards? if they post about one card they must interpret it? and if it's a one card spread of one card it will be moved to the your readings. Think I get all that!

if they are posting generally about a card, like "I really love The Sun card, its so beautiful" but are not discussing it in terms of a spread they did, do they still need to interpret it? what about also if they discuss the symbols of the cards, like "I am really intrigued by the sun rising in both Death and Temperance", interpret those cards even in that situation?
danieljuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today