Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Notices

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

No - you only need to have a go at interpreting if you're posting an "I got this in my spread, what does it mean?" type question. If it's a discussion of symbolism, or just of the various meanings of a card then no interpretation is necessary - just post as normal. Only interpret if it's a card (or cards) you drew in a spread and you wonder what it/they might mean in the context of that reading

Last edited by Wendywu; 21-10-2013 at 03:09.
Wendywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013     Top   #11
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
As you hopefully have seen, there are NEW UTC Posting Guidelines. This thread has been created for folks to ask questions about the new guidelines, especially the update to the guideline on the posting of partial readings - now up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be discussed in UTC. Complete readings (one card to the entire deck) will still need to be discussed in Your Readings. Other changes related to this change are that:
  • Posters must now provide their own interpretation of each card they wish to discuss
  • Posters must now provide feedback to everyone who provides an interpretation

Your UTC Forum Moderators:
rwcarter, Wendywu and Thirteen
mods please delete. Thanks

Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe

www.readingsbysunchariot.wordpress.com
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013     Top   #12
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChariot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter
As you hopefully have seen, there are NEW UTC Posting Guidelines. This thread has been created for folks to ask questions about the new guidelines, especially the update to the guideline on the posting of partial readings - now up to HALF of the cards from a reading may be discussed in UTC. Complete readings (one card to the entire deck) will still need to be discussed in Your Readings. Other changes related to this change are that:

Posters must now provide their own interpretation of each card they wish to discuss
Posters must now provide feedback to everyone who provides an interpretation

Your UTC Forum Moderators:
rwcarter, Wendywu and Thirteen
mods please delete. Thanks
Uh.... Why?

Aeclectic is a learning forum, and what better way to learn tarot than to try your hand at figuring out meanings yourself instead of having others do the heavy lifting for you?
rwcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013     Top   #13
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Any other questions about the new Posting Guidelines?

Old 25-10-2013     Top   #14
wind 
Citizen

I have a question - for instance, I do a reading and I notice that three or four cards of the same number came up (like three twos); do I post the entire reading and then interpret the twos and ask for help interpreting those twos but I don't interpret the rest of the reading, since then it would need to go to 'your readings' section? Do I understand this correctly?
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013     Top   #15
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind View Post
I have a question - for instance, I do a reading and I notice that three or four cards of the same number came up (like three twos); do I post the entire reading and then interpret the twos and ask for help interpreting those twos but I don't interpret the rest of the reading, since then it would need to go to 'your readings' section? Do I understand this correctly?
Thanks for the question wind. The forum for both posting and discussing complete readings is Your Readings. Complete readings can't be posted or discussed in UTC. The guidelines for discussing number groupings in UTC hasn't really changed. You can discuss what four 2s or increasing (or decreasing) number ranges mean. We encourage folks by all means to provide their own thoughts on what that series/grouping means; but you don't have to interpret each of the cards.

Maybe an example will help. Let's say you do a 10 card Celtic Cross reading. If you notice that four of the cards are or reduce to the number 7 and you wonder if that has any significance, you can post in UTC that four cards numbered 7 appeared and ask what that indicates. On the other hand, if you want to know what A means as Crossing Card, B as Past, C as Hopes/Fears and D as Outcome, then you need to provide your own interpretations of each card before anyone else may chime in with their interpretations.

As it's a 10 card reading, you could post up to one more card in UTC. But you can't add any other cards, even for context, to the post. More than that and the thread will be moved to Your Readings where the whole spread would need to be posted and all of the cards interpreted even if you didn't need help with some of them.

I have to leave for work now, so if I haven't answered your question, please let me know and I'll try a different way.

Rodney

Old 25-10-2013     Top   #16
AJ 
Citizen

each time I see this thread rise to the top I wonder what ta heck is UTC.
So a newbie might also.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013     Top   #17
wind 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
So a newbie might also.
UTC - Using Tarot Cards
Old 26-10-2013     Top   #18
wind 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Thanks for the question wind. The forum for both posting and discussing complete readings is Your Readings. Complete readings can't be posted or discussed in UTC. The guidelines for discussing number groupings in UTC hasn't really changed. You can discuss what four 2s or increasing (or decreasing) number ranges mean. We encourage folks by all means to provide their own thoughts on what that series/grouping means; but you don't have to interpret each of the cards.

Maybe an example will help. Let's say you do a 10 card Celtic Cross reading. If you notice that four of the cards are or reduce to the number 7 and you wonder if that has any significance, you can post in UTC that four cards numbered 7 appeared and ask what that indicates. On the other hand, if you want to know what A means as Crossing Card, B as Past, C as Hopes/Fears and D as Outcome, then you need to provide your own interpretations of each card before anyone else may chime in with their interpretations.

As it's a 10 card reading, you could post up to one more card in UTC. But you can't add any other cards, even for context, to the post. More than that and the thread will be moved to Your Readings where the whole spread would need to be posted and all of the cards interpreted even if you didn't need help with some of them.

I have to leave for work now, so if I haven't answered your question, please let me know and I'll try a different way.

Rodney
Thank you for your response, Rodney! So, just to be totally clear - if I want to discuss, in CC for instance, four sevens that came up, I ONLY post those four sevens and I DON'T post the rest of the reading? But I explain in which positions the sevens came up?
Old 26-10-2013     Top   #19
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
So a newbie might also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind View Post
UTC - Using Tarot Cards
What seems obvious to one, isn't necessarily to others, so UTC has now been spelled out in both the Posting Guidelines and in this Q&A thread.

Old 26-10-2013     Top   #20
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today