Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Notices

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind View Post
Thank you for your response, Rodney! So, just to be totally clear - if I want to discuss, in CC for instance, four sevens that came up, I ONLY post those four sevens and I DON'T post the rest of the reading? But I explain in which positions the sevens came up?
If you want to discuss what the significance of the four 7s is, the positions aren't necessarily relevant to that discussion and you don't need to provide your own interpretations of the cards.

But if you want to know how/if the interpretation of each of the 7s changes based on the fact that four of them appear in the reading, then you'll need to list each position and your interpretation of each card without listing or interpreting the other cards in the reading. BUT if it's a 4, 5 or 6 card reading, the discussion should occur in Your Readings (with all the cards listed). If the reading is 7 or more cards, the discussion should occur in UTC.

Does that help?

Old 26-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #21
wind 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
If you want to discuss what the significance of the four 7s is, the positions aren't necessarily relevant to that discussion and you don't need to provide your own interpretations of the cards.

But if you want to know how/if the interpretation of each of the 7s changes based on the fact that four of them appear in the reading, then you'll need to list each position and your interpretation of each card without listing or interpreting the other cards in the reading. BUT if it's a 4, 5 or 6 card reading, the discussion should occur in Your Readings (with all the cards listed). If the reading is 7 or more cards, the discussion should occur in UTC.

Does that help?
Yes, I think I got it! So, if we have a CC where all four 7 came up, I would post in UTC like this:

(for instance)
3.roots: 7 of wands
5.recent past: 7 of cups
6.near future: 7 of swords
10.outcome: 7 of pentacles

And I would explain how I see these sevens, in each position and interlacing.
The rest of the reading I would omit.

Is that right?
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #22
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind View Post
Yes, I think I got it! So, if we have a CC where all four 7 came up, I would post in UTC like this:

(for instance)
3.roots: 7 of wands
5.recent past: 7 of cups
6.near future: 7 of swords
10.outcome: 7 of pentacles

And I would explain how I see these sevens, in each position and interlacing.
The rest of the reading I would omit.

Is that right?
Yes, that is right.

Old 27-10-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #23
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Moderator Note

Bumping this thread to remind folks that the Posting Guidelines have changed and give folks another chance to ask questions.

When posting a partial reading, you must provide your own interpretation of the card(s) before anyone else may help you; otherwise you are seen as asking for a free reading and that is not allowed at Aeclectic. We ask members who wish to provide interpretations in a thread where the OP (original poster) has not included their own interpretations to hold off on doing so until those interpretations have been added. The forum Moderators may temporarily hide those posts until the self-interpretation requirement has been met.

The second change is that when folks post a partial reading for discussion, they are required to provide feedback to everyone who posts in the thread, whether or not they agree with or like the interpretation provided. "Thanks." and "That helps a lot." are not appropriate feedback. As written in the Posting Guidelines (click):
Quote:
In addition, you may ask for help with up to half the cards in a reading. However, please note that you must include your own interpretations for the cards you want to talk about and you must give feedback to anyone who posts in your thread offering help. (Remember, the feedback you give should be as detailed and responsive as the post you are replying to.)
This is the same feedback requirement that is in effect in the Your Readings and Reading Exchange forums.

The most extreme consequence of ignoring the above requirements is that one will be permanently locked out of the Using Tarot Cards forum. But we hope to never have to take that measure.

Please let us know by posting in this thread if you have questions about the above or any of the other Posting Guidelines.

rwcarter, Wendywu and Thirteen, co-Moderators of Using Tarot Cards
rwcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2013 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #24
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Bumping this thread one final time. The grace period is over and the UTC Mods are now enforcing the feedback rule. If you have not left feedback on your existing thread(s) and start a new thread, it will be locked until you have provided the required feedback.

Aeclectic is a learning environment. Not only do the people who ask for help with interpretations learn, but the people who provide those interpretations can also learn, but only with feedback from the person who originally posted. Think of the scales in Justice. Those who ask for help with interpretations are "taking" from the Aeclectic membership in terms of their time and knowledge. Those who ask have the opportunity to balance those scales by "giving" in the form of feedback.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions about the feedback requirement or anything else in the Posting Guidelines.
rwcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #25
joshua19 
Resident

Thanks for the effort. This guide really helps.
joshua19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #26
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Welcome to Aeclectic, joshua19!

You're quite welcome. Please post here if you have any questions about the guidelines.

Old 21-03-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #27
canid 
Citizen

Quote:
galina-t,

Per the UTC Posting Guidelines (emphasis mine),

"In addition, you may ask for help with up to half the cards in a reading. However, please note that you must include your own interpretations for the cards you want to talk about and you must give feedback to anyone who posts in your thread offering help. (Remember, the feedback you give should be as detailed and responsive as the post you are replying to.) If you want to explore more than half of the cards in your spread then you'll need to post in Your Readings, which is where complete readings (including one card readings) should be posted."

So you must reply to each post offering you help, and a general "Thanks" is not considered appropriate feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards
I did not realize there was such a requirement in the Using Tarot Cards forum, although it is polite to do so, regarding feedback & thank you's. If someone takes their time to do a mini-reading, it's simple courtesy to answer them, yay or nay. And if you don't do that on a regular basis, pretty soon you're not going to have many responses, right? I just didn't know it was quite so stringent, regarding the amount of cards pulled, read, etc. I will have to re-read the guidelines for this particular forum. But wouldn't people be better off just posting in 'Your Readings'?

Old 01-04-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #28
rwcarter 
student of tarot

The Aeclectic membership wants a place to discuss partial readings. As Your Readings is for discussion of full readings (or a series of full readings), UTC was chosen as the place to discuss partial readings. When that change was made, the requirements for providing your own interpretations and for providing feedback were put in place in UTC so that UTC wouldn't be seen as a way to avoid the rules in YR.

Old 01-04-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #29
canid 
Citizen

Quote:
The Aeclectic membership wants a place to discuss partial readings. As Your Readings is for discussion of full readings (or a series of full readings), UTC was chosen as the place to discuss partial readings. When that change was made, the requirements for providing your own interpretations and for providing feedback were put in place in UTC so that UTC wouldn't be seen as a way to avoid the rules in YR.
I did not know that. Partial readings. So sorry.

Old 01-04-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #30
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today