Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Notices

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.


  post a reply
 
Thread Tools
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon
Moderator
 
Thirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2001
Location: Pluto
Posts: 8,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljuk View Post
why not post your question in the Using Tarot Cards section bugsy? this is a discussion thread about the posting rules and to ask questions. but ask your actual question in the forum welcome to AT!
What danieljuk said, bugsy Apologies for not getting to your question sooner. This is, indeed, a question & answer thread on the UTC guidelines.

Create a new post with your question on up-side-down cards and post it in UTC. You'll get lots of answers.

Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2014 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #41
Gram 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2012
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 138
Question


If my reading(s) consisted of one card where do I post about my question? here or at Your Readings???
Gram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #42
rwcarter 
student of tarot
Moderator
 
rwcarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gram View Post
If my reading(s) consisted of one card where do I post about my question? here or at Your Readings???
All complete readings (one card through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings.

In UTC you may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading (1 card from a 2 card reading, 2 cards from a 3 or 4 card reading, 3 cards from a 5 or 6 card reading, etc.).
rwcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2015 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #43
Emma313 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 22 May 2015
Location: london uk
Posts: 628
V


Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
All complete readings (one card through the whole deck) are discussed in Your Readings.

In UTC you may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a reading (1 card from a 2 card reading, 2 cards from a 3 or 4 card reading, 3 cards from a 5 or 6 card reading, etc.).
utc is educational, ie how to link meanings of two cards, or three but it IS being used as a readings space
Emma313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #44
rwcarter 
student of tarot
Moderator
 
rwcarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma313 View Post
utc is educational, ie how to link meanings of two cards, or three but it IS being used as a readings space
Are you making a statement or asking a question? UTC is used for discussion of partial readings (up to half of the cards) and YR is used for discussion of complete readings.



__________________
Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking....
rwcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #45
Katiebear 
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Dec 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 9

I have a question:

The threads I've poked through seem to be mostly OP's question, then people responding to OP, then OP responding back. What is allowed regarding "cross talk"? For example, OP asks a question, responder answers. I read the response, and have a question for the responder - is that ok? Do I have to provide my interpretation of the card/series/etc as well?

Thank you!
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #46
rwcarter 
student of tarot
Moderator
 
rwcarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebear View Post
I have a question:

The threads I've poked through seem to be mostly OP's question, then people responding to OP, then OP responding back. What is allowed regarding "cross talk"? For example, OP asks a question, responder answers. I read the response, and have a question for the responder - is that ok? Do I have to provide my interpretation of the card/series/etc as well?

Thank you!
Hi Katiebear,

That's an interesting question and thanks for asking it. In general Aeclectic is a learning forum. If someone posts something that you'd like clarification on, feel free to ask in that thread. But if you're asking for clarification because of a situation of your own, you should do that in PM as that side discussion has the potential to take the original thread off-topic. Does that make sense?



__________________
Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking....
rwcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #47
Katiebear 
Resident
 
Join Date: 23 Dec 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Hi Katiebear,

That's an interesting question and thanks for asking it. In general Aeclectic is a learning forum. If someone posts something that you'd like clarification on, feel free to ask in that thread. But if you're asking for clarification because of a situation of your own, you should do that in PM as that side discussion has the potential to take the original thread off-topic. Does that make sense?


Yes, so further clarification in general is ok, but specific clarification pertaining to me/my readings then send a PM.

Thank you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Katiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2016 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #48
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards



Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:51.

 


Tarot Forum Categories
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Reading Exchange
· Your Readings
· Tarot Games & Fun
· Tarot Deck Creation
· Marseilles
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Thoth Tarot
· Tarot Study Groups
· Lenormand
· Oracles
· Divination
· Spirituality
· Chat
· New Members
· Advertisements
· Forum Help


Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Steampunk Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Angel Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Dragon Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Fantasy Decks
· Tarot Books
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Upcoming Decks
· Solandia's Top Ten
· Top Ten Decks
· List All Decks

Who is behind the Aeclectic Tarot Forum?

My name is Kate Hill (also known as Solandia) and I'm a Tarot reader, deck collector, and lifelong student of the beauty and diversity of Tarot cards.

I created Aeclectic in 1996 to share my passion for Tarot with the world, and started the forum in 2000 so others could share theirs too. Read more about me, contact me or connect in the forum.

  Contribute to Aeclectic

· Add your deck
· Advertise
· Write a review
· Join the community

  Aeclectic Tarot Resources

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.