Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Gothic Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Hemera 
arctic & cool

Well, I donīt like tha Hanged Man either.. But I can tolerate him. Whereas the one card that I REALLY dislike is the 5 of Swords. It makes me nauseous..

I also miss the beautiful, serene Empress of most other tarot decks. Iīd like to see a more Serene Lilith as an Empress in this deck.
Hemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #11
chrisam-crystals 
Citizen

for me the following are a bit of a struggle....

the world - where is the imagery to support the card?

5 pentacles - a gruesome ghoul creeping through a misty graveyard....what has that to do with the meaning?

9 cups - a dead corpse that has been embalmed.....hmmmm

now as for the high priestess i can understand that one in a way, as to why pick an egyptian theme for her.

what better culture and time in history to choose for an old vampire that holds the knowledge of the unkown?

was vargo influenced by the film "queen of the damned" and the character called akasha?

Old 12-08-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #12
Disa 
The last in line

The cards with no background are the ones that I dislike the most. They seem to break the flow of the theme such as Justice, the wheel of fortune, 3 of swords, even the devil. Are these cards without background to emphasize the severity of the message? So as not to distract us with other scenery?

The egyptian style cards throw me off as well. The 9 of cups image has nothing whatsoever to do with cups? Unless, your wish is to be encapsulated in a tomb. I can see the symbolism, but it's buried deeply.

I'm not fond of the Aces. I'd rather they each have different patterns symbolising the elements of the suit rather than having them all look like fire. But, that's just me-
Disa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #13
Skydancer 
Citizen

I'm with Alissa on this one; only the Knight of Wands. It's out of place.

The only way I can work it into the system is to view it as a wand; imspiration, creative imagining perhaps, and think that it is a dream card - something the Goth wants or dreams of being, but is incapable of becoming "in real life." Large muscles, sword and shield at the ready. Slaying the "serpent of the night" or symbol of "evil" by us other-wordly creatures' standards. Could be a statement about dogma-religion. Them vs. Us 'regular' types.

His face is coverd because he is a creature of the night by birth - even in his 'dreams' he cannot face the sunlight. Or ... the sun cannot face him.

*S*

Old 02-09-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #14
themagicwand 
Resident

7 of wands - looks like he's trying to play a very disorganised xylophone.
5 of swords - looks like a St. Bernard has come to rescue her.
King of Cups - is that Eddie Munster? Time has not been kind.

Old 06-08-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #15
Glitterbird 
Citizen

The emperor seems spoiled not strong. I don't know what it is exactly I just don't care for the card.
Also the Wheel of Fortune and The World seem very flat. But there is so much good in this deck, that I can deal with a couple of off cards.
Glitterbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #16

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today