Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

thorhammer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JylliM View Post
And if you use water that you've boiled potatoes in for the initial mix it's a sure fire winner. Btw, starters are way more robust than some would have you believe - mine sat neglected in the fridge for at least six months til a couple of weeks ago and it was still alive!
I didn't know that, about the potato water! And yes, my starter lived for ages, but I got a run of terrible luck with trying to get a good loaf. After a few months, I gave it up as a waste of a whole lot of time and haven't baked sourdough in years. Shame. My bread was utterly to die for.

Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #41
thorhammer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
I certainly didn't. The ferment is starting ...

(Prod me when we organise another meeting).

So. Mead. I suppose I can open a bottle of virtual mead for the train - a glass, everyone?
Yus, thankye. It's the only mead I can have tonight (virtual, that is), as I must arise at 4am tomorrow to be at work for 5am. I enjoy my job and all, but Monday's are becoming a bear....

Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #42
JylliM 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter00o View Post
Y'all need to quit it with this nutty chatter! XD

I'm just jealous that they're so easily available for you... Not only are they expensive here, but they're also hard to find. Lentils, too. I'm a huge fan of lentil soups, so this is especially disappointing.

I used to make my own almond milk, but the habit became unsustainable upon my move to Tokyo. I will say, though, that the tofu and soymilk is top-notch. And they cost next to nothing (!!). There are so many things to do just with just those.. ^_^

And speaking of kombucha, I was gifted a ton of kabocha (Japanese pumpkin; yes, totally unrelated to kombucha, but they sound similar...). I've already puréed one of them for use in pumpkin muffins (they lasted a day) and pumpkin pie. The other will meet a similar fate shortly. >:3
Pumpkin soup? Goes well with sourdough bread
JylliM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #43
thorhammer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter00o View Post
Y'all need to quit it with this nutty chatter! XD

I'm just jealous that they're so easily available for you... Not only are they expensive here, but they're also hard to find. Lentils, too. I'm a huge fan of lentil soups, so this is especially disappointing.

I used to make my own almond milk, but the habit became unsustainable upon my move to Tokyo. I will say, though, that the tofu and soymilk is top-notch. And they cost next to nothing (!!). There are so many things to do just with just those.. ^_^

And speaking of kombucha, I was gifted a ton of kabocha (Japanese pumpkin; yes, totally unrelated to kombucha, but they sound similar...). I've already puréed one of them for use in pumpkin muffins (they lasted a day) and pumpkin pie. The other will meet a similar fate shortly. >:3
Being vegan, I salivated when you said tofu...I love good tofu. And good soy milk. I wish both were easier to find/cheaper here.

Pumpkin risotto? Mmmmmm...

Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #44
AnemoneRosie 
A star-gleam on a stone

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer View Post
AnemonieRosie - you can make your own sourdough starter! I did with mine, years and years ago! You just mix unbleached (that's important, as the yeast comes from the flour itself) flour and water and leave it covered with a cloth for a day or so, preferably in a warm space, give it a stir, leave it another day...when it starts showing signs of bubbling, feed a little with some more flour...go on like this for a few weeks and when it's big and strong you can start baking with it!
I've heard this.
However, summer has now passed and the snows have started. That means that there is no warmth anywhere here anymore. Somehow I doubt that they want me making this in the classrooms at school...
Although I guess that warmth is relative when you're a yeast. I guess I'll have to try it anyway. For my next mission I'll have to track down unbleached flour.

Thanks so much!
AnemoneRosie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #45
thorhammer 
Citizen

AR - you're welcome I'm a sourdough evangelist. It's too easy for words to get a starter happening - the trick is getting a palatable one. That said, I've never had an issue with the flavour. Just performance in baking, and that was likely more my fault than the yeast's.

Old 18-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #46
Hemera 
Nordic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
So. Mead. I suppose I can open a bottle of virtual mead for the train - a glass, everyone?
Yesss One glass for me please nisaba. And a train ticket as well. I believe I´ve got a few decks somewhere that would like to travel the world.

Old 19-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #47
Tarot dance 
Citizen

I'll have a nice glass of red wine....also please sign me up...I'm already packed and waiting

Old 19-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #48
nisaba 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer View Post
Being vegan, I salivated when you said tofu...I love good tofu. And good soy milk. I wish both were easier to find/cheaper here.
The best soymilk I can find, and with the fewest additives, is the brand Aldi stocks (Soy Supreme?), their "lite" [sic.] version. The creamy mouthfeel of the non-lite version is down to transfats, but the lite is brilliant.

This message is protected by the ejaculation of serpents. Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Sometimes a rotting corpse has to be a better choice than any of the candidates offered up to us by our political systems.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #49
nisaba 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera View Post
Yesss One glass for me please nisaba. And a train ticket as well. I believe I´ve got a few decks somewhere that would like to travel the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot dance View Post
I'll have a nice glass of red wine....also please sign me up...I'm already packed and waiting
<grin> You're both in, glasses in hand. This is going to be a good, long train! I like it.

This message is protected by the ejaculation of serpents. Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Sometimes a rotting corpse has to be a better choice than any of the candidates offered up to us by our political systems.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #50

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today