Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

TOADies Anonymous.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Michellehihi 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by decan View Post
Well, I think that I have enough decks of cards; then, yes, I could be tempted to buy a few other decks in the future, but more likely I am going to learn more concerning those that I already have, and so to end my little collection.

Okay, I unsubscribe from the "TOADies Anonymous"?
we all say that at some point, and then....
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #351
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Quote:
Okay, I unsubscribe from the "TOADies Anonymous"?
I don't think so. (in my case anyways).

I fell off the wagon - because I just HAD to buy the deck my friend made.
I walked into the shop where he works before Xmas, saw a new deck in the cabinet and said to him -
"!!! I've never seen that deck before??..." *Spok Eyebrow Raised*.
Such a dark horse - he didn't tell anyone he was making one.

But otherwise - I have 3 other new decks - all gifted to me by someone else - 2 for Yule/Xmas, and 1 for my birthday this month, which won't arrive until March.
Lol.
I've used a 7 of Swords principle, and had someone else buy them for me.

...my preciousssssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
I am almost too ashamed to even show my face around here. I have Deck of the Bastard on the way and have just totally shocked myself by realising I have FIVE preorder /kickstarter decks to come at various points next year. I've been on a panic buying binge as next year I'm not allowing myself much at all. I think there's something wrong with me.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
I'm jealous if it's The Red Deck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellehihi View Post
Really not proud of myself. I am selling many decks because I want to reduce my collection and I just bought the Tarot of the Holy Light kit.....
You won't regret that one. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6 View Post
...I'm rationalizing most of these purchases that I'm a historical preservationist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteK View Post
Called into Global Tribe in Leeds yesterday, which is primarily a crystals shop, but they sell books and ornaments and some witchy accessories. I tried not to be excited to see they had expanded their Tarot and oracles selection, as I am sworn off any more acquisitions...
Crystal Tarot and a Margarete Peterson.
...The only more bizarre thing about this is that I came home with the MP. I don't know why�� I mean I have no idea if I will EVER be able to read with this deck and it's never been on my wishlist. There is no hope for me �� I need rehab not TOADies.

...What is a Margaret Peterson... *goes to look - but NOT touch*
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #352
Citizen

earthair 
Citizen

I've only bought 2 decks this year.

Yup, in 2017 I've already bought 2.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #353
Citizen

starlightexp 
Citizen

Somehow I have entered a zen state with my collection. After about 12 years of buying, selling, trading. Things exploding to almost 350 decks and down to under 100. Now I have just around 120 decks. I feel like it's a perfect size. I love all the decks I have and I feel rather protective of them and take a long time in thinking about adding decks. I'll be bringing in Eros this year but so many decks are derivatives of decks I already have that I'm not adding much more.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #354
Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobird55 View Post
Me too. I decide not to buy any more decks. but I see one that I can't resist.
Isn't that what happens all the time? (at least with me it does)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #355
Citizen

rylla 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightexp View Post
Somehow I have entered a zen state with my collection. After about 12 years of buying, selling, trading. Things exploding to almost 350 decks and down to under 100. Now I have just around 120 decks. I feel like it's a perfect size. I love all the decks I have and I feel rather protective of them and take a long time in thinking about adding decks. I'll be bringing in Eros this year but so many decks are derivatives of decks I already have that I'm not adding much more.
Congrat. that you've got to this result. This is my goal too! I'm struggling to get there for about 2-3 years but somehow the # of decks that I have doesn't change. I have too many that I won't use ever. I am trying to focus on not to buy decks that are derivatives of decks I already have, as you said above. But it's not easy So TOADIES is for me!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #356
Seriously?

Sphynx131 
Seriously?

I was doing well until I won in the tarot subscriber competition. Got my second choice so naturally just had to go search on Amazon for the other, just to see. Which led to "that's a great price {adds to cart}, and oh look what they've suggested for me, and it's a great price too {adds to cart} [emoji17] BUT I am justifying by thinking I just got 3 decks for the price of one, so I'm ahead of the game lmao
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #357
Citizen

Michellehihi 
Citizen

Today, I failed. After LeFanu praised the Distant Past, I bought it. Then, while being on etsy, I said why not buy some unique oracle decks: but 3 of them.
Then, go search why, I remembered that Nisaba likes her Lebanese Tarot. So I had to have one. And I found one (at a few hundreds of dollars....)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #358
Citizen

decan 
Citizen

For the moment I feel peaceful, no urge of greed with regard to a new deck. Well, I think that I am saved and cured.
What a relief!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #359
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

Quote:
For the moment I feel peaceful, no urge of greed with regard to a new deck. Well, I think that I am saved and cured.
What a relief!
Congratulations decan! For me, I have the feeling I get when I've eaten too much chocolate. So I've got no acquisition urges either! I binged and now feel I really overindulged. I can't say I'm cured though, I'm sure the cravings will return at some point. But for now, I've got more than enough to work with and I'm happy with that.

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #360

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.