Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Thoth Learning Resources

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot


 
mercuryempress's Avatar
mercuryempress  mercuryempress is offline
Gambit 2.0
 
Join Date: 10 May 2016
Location: Concrete Jungle
Posts: 237
mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

mercuryempress's Avatar
Thoth Learning Resources


Hi any suggestions on great Thoth Resources?

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.

So I wanted to suggest to check out that channel for beginners such as myself because he went into details that the book doesn't go into.If there are any more great resources anyone else has to add it will be greatly appreciated

I've also ordered the Tarot handbook. I haven't received it so I can't comment on that one yet

Thank You
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Nemia  Nemia is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Sep 2013
Location: End of Nowhere
Posts: 2,492
Nemia 
Citizen

I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

You might find Snuffin helpful

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/thoth-companion/

Banzhaf's book sounds like more what you are looking for though.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Thoughtful's Avatar
Thoughtful  Thoughtful is offline
Always learning.....
 
Join Date: 21 Jul 2012
Location: Snug in my bolt hole in deepest Hampshire, UK
Posts: 2,977
Thoughtful 
Always learning.....

Thoughtful's Avatar

l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
mercuryempress's Avatar
mercuryempress  mercuryempress is offline
Gambit 2.0
 
Join Date: 10 May 2016
Location: Concrete Jungle
Posts: 237
mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

mercuryempress's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).
I think I've seen Polyphonic Tarot on my feed before but I've never clicked on any of his videos I will check them out. Thank you Nemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
You might find Snuffin helpful

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/thoth-companion/

Banzhaf's book sounds like more what you are looking for though.
Thank You Gregory I saw this on a review and it received a good review I will add this to my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtful View Post
l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming
Thoughful I have the book of thoth downloaded on my phone but I didn't get pass a few pages..I think I'll still get a physical book so I can have as a reference for DuQuette since so much of it goes back to the book seems like you need both....
I will add Banzhaf and Theler to my list as well
Thanks I appreciate that
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
EmpyreanKnight's Avatar
EmpyreanKnight  EmpyreanKnight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2015
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,853
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).
I downloaded all of Polyphonic Tarot's Thoth video tutorials a while ago. Too bad he didn't finish the minor arcana. The last video was some time ago, I think. I hope he does finish it though, he's really good.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
EmpyreanKnight's Avatar
EmpyreanKnight  EmpyreanKnight is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Oct 2015
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,853
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

EmpyreanKnight's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryempress View Post

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.
Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
mercuryempress's Avatar
mercuryempress  mercuryempress is offline
Gambit 2.0
 
Join Date: 10 May 2016
Location: Concrete Jungle
Posts: 237
mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

mercuryempress's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/

Thank You
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Zephyros's Avatar
Zephyros  Zephyros is offline
Jedi
 
Join Date: 31 Jan 2004
Location: Israel
Posts: 8,179
Zephyros 
Jedi

Zephyros's Avatar

Both the Book of Thoth as well as the Book of Law are available for free, and are the basis for any Thoth study, once someone has the necessary base which Duquette provides.

As the for the Tarot Handbook... well, it isn't really recommended. But Duquette will give you everything you need to approach the Book of Thoth.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine's Avatar

The Book of Thoth by Crowley (take a deep breath)

The Book of the Law by Crowley (take two deep breaths and keep the aspirin handy)

The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang (correlates the Thoth, the TdM, the RWS and the Wang/Regardie Golden Dawn decks in one volume)

I have both of the Banzhaf Thoth books; Keywords I find useful, The Crowley Tarot less so.

I don't really have any use for Ziegler's Mirror of the Soul, and Arrien's much-panned work I've stayed away from.

Raven's tarot website (www.corax.com/tarot) has basic card-by-card information on the Thoth that I always found reliable but brief. The site is harder to navigate now than it used to be (you have to click the suits on the Card Meanings page and then use the drop-down at the left side to get to individual cards).

Paul Hughes-Barlow's supertarot website has much more complete stuff.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.