Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Thoth Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

Thoth Learning Resources

Hi any suggestions on great Thoth Resources?

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.

So I wanted to suggest to check out that channel for beginners such as myself because he went into details that the book doesn't go into.If there are any more great resources anyone else has to add it will be greatly appreciated

I've also ordered the Tarot handbook. I haven't received it so I can't comment on that one yet

Thank You

Old 03-11-2016     Top   #1
Nemia 
Matronis Aufaniabus vslm

I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).

Last edited by Nemia; 03-11-2016 at 03:38.
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016     Top   #2
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

You might find Snuffin helpful

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/thoth-companion/

Banzhaf's book sounds like more what you are looking for though.

I is very deaf. Please post loudly !

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016     Top   #3
Thoughtful 
Always learning.....

l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming

Thoughtful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016     Top   #4
mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I don't know David but i like Polyphonic Tarot. (I listened to David a bit - if only he wouldn't call a single sephira sephiroth! but he sounds interesting).
I think I've seen Polyphonic Tarot on my feed before but I've never clicked on any of his videos I will check them out. Thank you Nemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
You might find Snuffin helpful

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/thoth-companion/

Banzhaf's book sounds like more what you are looking for though.
Thank You Gregory I saw this on a review and it received a good review I will add this to my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtful View Post
l have the Book of Thoth, DuQuette and Hajo Banzhaf and Brigitte Theler books. l have found them all very good resources, mine are getting a little dog-eared now. They did help me enormously on my first outing with the Thoth tarot, and continue to do so.

l may just get the Snuffin to add to my collection, hint to my other half, Christmas is coming
Thoughful I have the book of thoth downloaded on my phone but I didn't get pass a few pages..I think I'll still get a physical book so I can have as a reference for DuQuette since so much of it goes back to the book seems like you need both....
I will add Banzhaf and Theler to my list as well
Thanks I appreciate that

Old 03-11-2016     Top   #5
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I downloaded all of Polyphonic Tarot's Thoth video tutorials a while ago. Too bad he didn't finish the minor arcana. The last video was some time ago, I think. I hope he does finish it though, he's really good.

Old 07-11-2016     Top   #6
EmpyreanKnight 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryempress View Post

So far of course I have the DuQuette book but I've stumbled upon a youtuber DavidH071 that goes card by card pulling out and explaining all the details of the card which I found to be very helpful.
Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/

Old 07-11-2016     Top   #7
mercuryempress 
Gambit 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Yes I've been watching him too! He started with the Minir Arcana and the Court Cards, and since the start of the year he has been tackling the Major Arcana. I wish he would speed it up a bit though, he last finished The Hanged Man. But I should not really complain, his lessons are gold.

By the way, this is his website with detailed texts on the video tutorials he posted, anong other stuff. If you liked his youtube channel, you'd also love this:

http://www.esotericmeanings.com/

Thank You

Last edited by mercuryempress; 08-11-2016 at 02:09.
mercuryempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016     Top   #8
Zephyros 
Jedi

Both the Book of Thoth as well as the Book of Law are available for free, and are the basis for any Thoth study, once someone has the necessary base which Duquette provides.

As the for the Tarot Handbook... well, it isn't really recommended. But Duquette will give you everything you need to approach the Book of Thoth.

Old 08-11-2016     Top   #9
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

The Book of Thoth by Crowley (take a deep breath)

The Book of the Law by Crowley (take two deep breaths and keep the aspirin handy)

The Qabalistic Tarot by Robert Wang (correlates the Thoth, the TdM, the RWS and the Wang/Regardie Golden Dawn decks in one volume)

I have both of the Banzhaf Thoth books; Keywords I find useful, The Crowley Tarot less so.

I don't really have any use for Ziegler's Mirror of the Soul, and Arrien's much-panned work I've stayed away from.

Raven's tarot website (www.corax.com/tarot) has basic card-by-card information on the Thoth that I always found reliable but brief. The site is harder to navigate now than it used to be (you have to click the suits on the Card Meanings page and then use the drop-down at the left side to get to individual cards).

Paul Hughes-Barlow's supertarot website has much more complete stuff.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Barleywine; 08-11-2016 at 02:58.
Barleywine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016     Top   #10
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today