Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

nisaba 
Citizen

Wow - we're playing Tarot-Pingpong, you and me!

A musical clue to the next card, from a huge Aussie group.

Interesting trivia that has nothing whatsoever to do with the clue or the card: I have two younger brothers who have both drifted in and out of the local musical scene all thair adult lives. Years and years ago, they are both sitting in a pub in Sydney. A friend of one of them walks up.

Brother A says: "T, this is my brother S. S plays a really hot bass guitar, and is a pretty good sound mixer as well. S, this is my friend T."

T and my brother S shake hands and the three have a beer together and play some pool. They get to talking about music. T says to A: "I know you're busy and I've got a drummer anyway, but ..." and he turns to S: "I could really use someone who can play bass really well. I've written a number of good songs and I'm putting together a band, wanna play on our first record?"

My brother S looks at this total stranger he's only just met and hasn't heard play. "Well that's nice of you," he says, "but I'm planning a year overseas, and I've already bought my ticket."

"Oh, alright," says T, and the three of them have some more beer and play some more pool.

My baby brother S goes overseas. One year turns into five. By the time he comes back home (and I accidentally meet him at the airport when I'm there incognito at the cash counter laundering a fistful of American $100 notes that I've illicitly earned the previous night - don't ask!), by the time he comes back T, whose full name is on the public record as Tim Freedman, not only has a huge success with his first album as the keyboardist, singer, writer and leader of THE WHITLAMS, but another album or two have come along, too.

Here, the Whitlams, all of them, are huge millionnaire megastars. My brother could have been a Whitlam. (And it would have suited his politics, too!)

This message is protected by the ejaculation of serpents. Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Sometimes a rotting corpse has to be a better choice than any of the candidates offered up to us by our political systems.

Last edited by nisaba; 28-12-2016 at 17:18.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2016     Top   #21
nisaba 
Citizen

Okay, second clue, to go with the Whitlams' song "Blow up the Pokies"

This message is protected by the ejaculation of serpents. Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Sometimes a rotting corpse has to be a better choice than any of the candidates offered up to us by our political systems.
Old 29-12-2016     Top   #22
nisaba 
Citizen

No guesses? Let's go to Canada:-

Musical clue

Old 31-12-2016     Top   #23
Mossery 
Resident

Hmm. Thinking about regrets and escapism? Maybe Eight of Cups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mossery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2016     Top   #24
nisaba 
Citizen

It's more about WHAT you are escaping and regretting.

Old 31-12-2016     Top   #25
nisaba 
Citizen

STILL no guesses?

Another visual, but sadly, you're going to have to click on the attachment below to see it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MysteryCard.JPG (22.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by nisaba; 01-01-2017 at 10:17.
Old 01-01-2017     Top   #26
em_idol_twins 
*****~~~~~~*****

Ohhhh... The devil

And Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone

Old 01-01-2017     Top   #27
nisaba 
Citizen

Fantastic! The game is yours!

Clue one: ADDICTION (to gambling), compulsiveness
Clue two: ADDCITION (to substances), having your life trashed by the consequences
Clue three: see Clue Two
Clue four: the gates of hell/Hades. Who is the Emperor of that realm? The Devil.
Clue five: The obvious clue: an early-ish Tarot Devil.

Old 01-01-2017     Top   #28
em_idol_twins 
*****~~~~~~*****

Hey Hey Hey! Thanks, nisaba!

What a great start of the year, half an hour into 2017 and I have already guessed something right!!

Okay...
Emmm...

Old 01-01-2017     Top   #29
nisaba 
Citizen

My personal favourite card for this icon of popular culture is The Emperor, but I'm fully aware that more people will associate it with THE MAGICIAN, so that's my formal guess at this stage.

Old 01-01-2017     Top   #30
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today