Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Notices

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

_R_ 
Citizen

Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.co...aisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blog...-analemme.html ]
_R_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017     Top   #11
SuitofSwords 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by _R_ View Post
Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.co...aisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blog...-analemme.html ]
Very interesting! I'm going to have to sit down and really dig through these.
SuitofSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017     Top   #12
Edward Tarot Hands 
Citizen

I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well

Old 11-01-2017     Top   #13
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tarot Hands View Post
I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well
There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology, Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by Barleywine; 11-01-2017 at 07:09.
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017     Top   #14
Edward Tarot Hands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology: Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.
cool!! thanks

Old 11-01-2017     Top   #15
Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.

Click this link to book a reading.

~Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along.~Rumi
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017     Top   #16
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.
I second this. (But to be honest, what I like best about it is that his version of the Celtic Cross is basically identical to the one I've been using for the last 35 years. He must have drawn from the same Eden Gray source, and reached some of the same conclusion I did.)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017     Top   #17
SuitofSwords 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizabella View Post
Oh thank you! I'll have to check it out.
SuitofSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017     Top   #18
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today