Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot History & Development

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Alex Monin 
Resident

Lightbulb The Bible and Tarot

The article in the Hub for Tarot and Oracle Self-Publishers and Collectors on http://www.tarotpublisher.com/?p=54 is an extraordinary story about the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden of Eden, the place where the Fool started his quest for knowledge. What is the deep meaning of the Hermes Trismegistus’s phrase ‘as above so below’: ancient astronomical knowledge was coded in the Bible, the precession, and old gods, etc. Highly recommended for those tarotists who believe that Tarot is not ‘for entertainment only,' but for discovering the Path. Amazing!
Alex Monin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Abrac 
Citizen

I can't get past the fact that this author calls it the "Tree of knowledge" when the Bible clearly says "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil." The former implies Adam and Eve were punished for seeking knowledge; but it wasn't knowledge per se, but the knowledge of good and evil. Many so-called Bible authorities do this and it drives me nuts.
Abrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Nemia 
Matronis Aufaniabus vslm

The article looks like an introduction. I waited for something more substantial and it didn't come. Quoting bits from the Bible doesn't prove a link. The Hebrew Bible is much older than the rest of cultural topoi the article wants to connect it to.
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Zephyros 
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
I can't get past the fact that this author calls it the "Tree of knowledge" when the Bible clearly says "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil." The former implies Adam and Eve were punished for seeking knowledge; but it wasn't knowledge per se, but the knowledge of good and evil. Many so-called Bible authorities do this and it drives me nuts.
Yes, the difference is very important since the biblical story makes it clear that some of the "punishments" weren't punishments at all but natural consequences of eating of the Tree.

Old 09-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
Abrac 
Citizen

Can you elaborate? Which consequences are you talking about and what verses "make it clear" they were natural consequences and not punishments?
Abrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Zephyros 
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
Can you elaborate? Which consequences are you talking about and what verses "make it clear" they were natural consequences and not punishments?
That would be a very long answer, but instead of paraphrasing my source, this article explains it all brilliantly.

http://www.aish.com/jl/b/eb/ge/48966101.html

Old 10-01-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Edward Tarot Hands 
Citizen

I think The Tarot can be connected to any other explanation of existence if you try hard enough because they all use the same ideas of a journey from a fallen state to a reunification with the divine and contain similar archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Monin View Post
What is the deep meaning of the Hermes Trismegistus’s phrase ‘as above so below’:
I always thought this referred to the idea of explaining how things are on higher plains by using how things happen on our plain of existence as an analogy. a chapter in The Kyballion explains this perfectly

Old 20-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Ron521 
Resident

Since the Tarot was conceived, born and matured in Christian Europe, is there any surprise at all that it contains lots of imagery drawn from Hebrew and early Christian mythology?
Ron521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
roxana 
Resident

Tarot and the Bible are really connected and both are based on astrology.
Behind is a firm mathematical formula described in many places in the Bible, hidden in plain sight but not seen by uninitiated.
For example, The Sola Busca Tarot, the oldest tarot deck with Minors illustrated, created in Venice in the XV century, long before RWT.
This deck has its secret formula. Below a few examples how it is hidden in design.
5 of wands – three wands are put on the man’s back (secret number = 3)
9 of wands – two wands pierce the woman’s heart and have no exit ends (secret number = 2)
8 of amphorae/cups – six amphorae are thrown down, only two on top (secret number = 2)
4 of disks/coins – you can see how the woman’s breasts match the design of disks (secret number = 6)
10 of wands – eight wands are put in the urn, while two are fixed below (secret number = 8)
6 of amphorae/cups – amphorae are designed to form one vessel (secret number = Ace/1)
and so on.

roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today