Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Do you cleanse your decks?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

page of wands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
I have never cleansed a deck in my life - and I'm 72. The only thing I EVER do is stick them in a box of lavender candles, if the deck smells bad - usually this is the chemical stench from some printers. Once it was cigarette smoke.
That sounds really nice. Might need to do that even if they don't smell bad. Do you ever put the 2 decks in the same bag? or would the decks get jealous of each other? lol
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
Citizen

AJ 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemia View Post
I don't cleanse decks. I like 2nd hand decks and have quite a lot, and I don't think the energies of others are a bad thing I have to get rid of somehow. When I get a new deck, I order it, look at one card after the other, choose or make a tarot bag for it and then start playing with it. That makes it mine.
ditto for me, I love used decks
If I thought such a thing was needed, I'd lay them out on the deck under a full moon for an hour or so. Non-windy night!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by page of wands View Post
That sounds really nice. Might need to do that even if they don't smell bad. Do you ever put the 2 decks in the same bag? or would the decks get jealous of each other? lol
They wouldn't get jealous, I think but not in the same bag, as then I'd be the confused one. They all lie happily together in very many drawers - they are quite closely snuggled together in groups ! (I can't put them ALL together, but they are all in the same small room. It's very crowded.)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

I never cleanse decks either, unless I've spilled something on them .

I do waft my cards through incense smoke sometimes to make them smell nice but other than that, nothing.. I like second hand decks and prefer them to new ones as I like my decks to be worn in.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Senior Citizen

Astraea 
Senior Citizen

I don't cleanse my decks. There was one used deck several years ago that arrived with a ghastly vibe to it, and that one I did try to "treat," but that's about it.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
Resident

Deana86 
Resident

This was a good question as I wondered myself if others cleansed their decks.

I have shuffled them till the cards felt warm if I felt like they needed a little extra attention. I sometimes just get that vibe that the cards need a little extra love
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
Resident

AprilEthereal 
Resident

I do! I generally spread the cards out in a bit of a fan and sort of fan them in sage smoke. I smudge everything in my house regularly. I think it is a simple and effective ritual and a great practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Citizen

Enlightenment23 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by page of wands View Post
Hahaha. That gave me a good laugh. I sort of pile my decks on top of each other, and I have yet to see one give the other the "evil eye." For fun, I sometimes ask a deck what it "thinks" about another deck. Things like "What readings do you think that deck does the best in? What is its reading style? What is its weaknesses?"

But no I don't think decks get jealous of the other

Anyhow, back to the topic, nope I don't cleanse my decks. I guess I find it heart to believe that crystals will do anything but just lie there and look pretty. But hey, to each their own. Some people swear it works like a charm
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I thought I just posted to this thread, but if I did, I must have forgotten to hit send.

I don't see any need to cleanse my decks whether they're used or new. I'm not sensitive to or afraid of other people's energies. We see what we look for and I don't prefer to spend my time looking for bad energies in my decks or anywhere else. Not that bad things don't exist, but the appropriate quote comes to mind---"life is what you make it; thinking makes it so".
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Citizen

CharlotteK 
Citizen

No, I don't do specific cleansing rituals. I have some crystals that I like and that I keep near some of my decks, but I'm not sure what they actually do to decks. I have waved new chemically-smelling cards through incense to improve the smelll. I don't believe decks have consciousness or emotions, or that they can get upset with us or with each other. Any energies a deck has are, I think, residual energies from us as opposed to anything intrinsic. I don't see my decks as having human like personalities or the ability to have independent 'feelings'.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.