Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Death Card Reversed

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

page of wands 
Citizen

Death Card Reversed

If the death card is reversed it doesn't mean the opposite, but what would it mean exactly? I'm trying to understand reversed cards. i have a book about reversals still coming in the mail.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
The Thirteenth Moon

Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Arrow Moderator Note: Your Guess?

Greetings, page of wands, can you at least take your own guess on what it might mean? We encourage all students of Tarot to take their stab at the meaning of a card FIRST before others chime in.

It's good practice as, in the middle of a reading for someone, you won't have anyone but yourself to turn to if you run across a card that has you stumped. Practicing at "guessing" is a good way to learn how to be the best reader.

And, being immodest here, if you're really stuck you can check out AT's own tarot card meanings section (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/) and the reversals section (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/card-meanings/reversed/). These were written up by moi, and are a compilation of established meanings with thoughts distilled from card discussion with the experts here on AT.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

page of wands 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Greetings, page of wands, can you at least take your own guess on what it might mean? We encourage all students of Tarot to take their stab at the meaning of a card FIRST before others chime in.

It's good practice as, in the middle of a reading for someone, you won't have anyone but yourself to turn to if you run across a card that has you stumped. Practicing at "guessing" is a good way to learn how to be the best reader.

And, being immodest here, if you're really stuck you can check out AT's own tarot card meanings section (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/) and the reversals section (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/card-meanings/reversed/). These were written up by moi, and are a compilation of established meanings with thoughts distilled from card discussion with the experts here on AT.
Alright. Maybe it means fighting against all the temptations the devil has thrown your way?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
The Thirteenth Moon

Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by page of wands View Post
Alright. Maybe it means fighting against all the temptations the devil has thrown your way?
Well, now you have me curious, as the Devil comes after the Death card....(Death card #13, Devil card #15). How do you figure the Death card is fighting against temptations by a Devil that is one card yet-to-come by way of number?

Did you mean the Devil card reversed? Your title and opening post say "Death" card.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

page of wands 
Citizen

Quote:
Well, now you have me curious, as the Devil comes after the Death card....(Death card #13, Devil card #15). How do you figure the Death card is fighting against temptations by a Devil that is one card yet-to-come by way of number?

Did you mean the Devil card reversed? Your title and opening post say "Death" card.
oh sorry i confused myself. i was working on the newbie reading for devil in reverse so i was thinking about that instead of death in reverse.

it can't be life. i don't know. death to something inside of yourself rather than an end to a situation?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
The Thirteenth Moon

Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
it can't be life. i don't know. death to something inside of yourself rather than an end to a situation?
That's a very good interpretation! I like it! And no, Death rx doesn't usually mean "life" so much as it may mean something that's time has come...but it's not going away like it should.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

page of wands 
Citizen

Quote:
That's a very good interpretation! I like it! And no, Death rx doesn't usually mean "life" so much as it may mean something that's time has come...but it's not going away like it should.
ohhh wow that is really confusing to me. hard to wrap my brain around that.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Quote:
ohhh wow that is really confusing to me. hard to wrap my brain around that.
I think it's like if you've ended a relationship with someone because you know it just can't work between the two of you and yet you and that person keep on meeting and having sex which doesn't let the relationship die.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
Citizen

PAMUYA 
Citizen

Death reversed, not coming to terms or accepting something has come to an end. Keeping you stagnant, unable to move forward. It is much easier to see this in others than in ourselves. We can't let go. Impermanence is how life is, nothing remains the same, everything is constantly changing. Not accepting change is main cause of suffering. When something changes it upsets us, but we adjust and grow from it. It is when we hang on and don't let go of Death is when we truly suffer.

There are meaning different interpretations of Death reversed, this is the one that comes to my mind first.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Citizen

headincloud 
Citizen

Often comes up for the ending of something we're not ready to let go of, we hold tight and stagnate, nothing can grow when death is reversed.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.