Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Hanson-Roberts Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

sunflowr 
Citizen

Hanson Roberts - Strength

Thought I'd try and breathe new life into this Hanson Roberts study group. I've decided this is the deck I would like to focus on in readings for awhile and get to know better. It really fits me, in so many ways.

I got the Strength card today (a one-card reading I go into detail on in the "your readings" section) and I really looked at the card this time and noticed something I never noticed before and that isnt covered in any of the 2 books for the deck.

The woman's hand (that hold the lion's face) is sunburnt. Is this a printing flaw? I don't think so, but figured I would ask you guys and see what you think. Why is her hand so much more orange (or redder) than her face?

Old 06-06-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Pipkin 
Citizen

The hand

I just had a look at the image having read this and it is a glove that she wears and hence why the hand is red. The strength card can also be about patience and holding-out on something, a glove in itself can be a form of protection and sometimes holding-out on a situation can be the best form of protection we might give ourself. This card also links in to healing, healing hands etc.

Regards

Pipkin
Pipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Flavio 
Citizen

I've seen the red hand as a glove also, we can think this glove is not for her protection if the Lion decides to attack a simple fabric glove is not going to save her hand, so the lady dressed as better as possible to meet the Lion almost like going to a date.
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
fairyhedgehog 
Citizen

But if today you intuitively saw the hand as sunburned, what is that saying to you?
fairyhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Flavio 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyhedgehog
But if today you intuitively saw the hand as sunburned, what is that saying to you?
OK... I got my card out, and tried not to see the silver colored pieces of the glove. Now, her face also looks a little bit sunburned and the roses on the lower right part seem fire. This lady is trying too hard to control her instincts the effort is big she caught fire like when you force en engine, more than sunburn I feel she is releasing the heat while damaging her body.
Old 24-07-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Lula Jing 
Citizen

I like the Strength card, was looking at it the other day.

I had not noticed the glove so much, but now you mention it, there is the chainmail effect at the cuff, implying the strong arm - and yet her fingers are not clenched, seeming to caress the lion.

Another thing I have noticed about this card is that both the lion and the lady have their eyes closed, both seeming to enjoy their mental connection. They seem to have a mutual agreement, a peace between them.

I love this lion, reminds me of Aslan.

Has anyone noticed her necklace? I was wondering why there seemed to be a bead missing at the front and noticed a white shimmer in the shape of a cross, almost like a spirit person - you can see two black dots that look like eyes if you look carefully. The white figure seems to hold the necklace together, arms outstretched.

To me, this represented her strength of spirit as well as character.

Also her beads are red, matching her cloak, to me representing determined action.

Nice to find this study group... I read with the Hanson-Roberts most times for myself, I love this deck - it's one of the first I owned.

Shy x

For anyone that's been here long enough to remember, I joined AT as Shy Priestess in 2004.
Lula Jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
vision777 
Citizen

I happen to like this card , but i always wonder what was that stuff around her neck ?
vision777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Disa 
The last in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Priestess

Has anyone noticed her necklace? I was wondering why there seemed to be a bead missing at the front and noticed a white shimmer in the shape of a cross, almost like a spirit person - you can see two black dots that look like eyes if you look carefully. The white figure seems to hold the necklace together, arms outstretched.

Also her beads are red, matching her cloak, to me representing determined action.

Nice to find this study group... I read with the Hanson-Roberts most times for myself, I love this deck - it's one of the first I owned.

Shy x
I did notice her necklace and that a piece seems to be missing. I do see the white "spirit person" with arms outstretched to hold the pieces together, as well. It almost looks as though it is a separate necklace, too- I can sort of make out a white "V-shaped" necklace which comes to a point at the "spirit person's" head and then stretches up towards her collarbone. Could it be also that she is protected by spirit, as if the spirit figure necklace is guarding her ?
Disa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Madame Squee 
Hope will never be silent. ~Harvey Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Priestess
I like the Strength card, was looking at it the other day.

I had not noticed the glove so much, but now you mention it, there is the chainmail effect at the cuff, implying the strong arm - and yet her fingers are not clenched, seeming to caress the lion.

Another thing I have noticed about this card is that both the lion and the lady have their eyes closed, both seeming to enjoy their mental connection. They seem to have a mutual agreement, a peace between them.

I love this lion, reminds me of Aslan.

Shy x
I took out my Hanson Roberts deck last night. I've owned this deck for several years, but I've never really used it. Although I found the artwork appealing, I thought (mistakenly!) that the symbolism wasn't "deep" enough (whatever that means).

Anyway, while I studied a couple of spreads before I went to bed, the 10 of Swords came up twice and both times, the broken necklace caught my focus -- nice, but what does it actually mean? Then, this morning, I drew the Strength card for my card of the day. Then, I thought, why not, and started looking around for an HRT study group and found this Strength thread. Oh boy!!! I found my necklace connection!

Maybe this is old stuff for those who use this deck regularly, but all of the sudden, I found the meaning I was looking for in the 10 of Swords necklace by relating it to the necklace in the Strength card and the white "spirit" figure, holding the necklace together! Whoopee!!!!

That's the beauty of using an AT study group -- it's synergy in action (which I think I see in the 2 of Cups).

What a "deep" deck! Full of juicy symbolism!

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited by Madame Squee; 06-11-2007 at 04:49.
Madame Squee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Flavio 
Citizen

Just after reading this I realized there was "something" in the necklace, probably my cards had lost some colour and are a little bit worn, thank you for pointing about the force holding the necklace together.
Old 09-11-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today