Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Alchemical Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
Just a reminder. I posted this last week...

If you are totally lost with any particular card just jump in and start a thread. I'm sure we can all help each other out
I'll second sapienza with this suggestion.

Just an observation:
I've been Tarot Study Groups moderator for a few years now and one thing I've noticed is that study groups who put rules on when to post and the order of cards to study soon fizzle out.

Posting once a week is fine but if there is a set rule that says a new card should be posted on XXXXXX day, folks get fed up waiting for the day they can post and lose interest.

My advice is to post a new card whenever you like, if you're having trouble with a card, post a thread on it....
Oh and let me know when you do so's I can index it

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator

'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in' - Leonard Cohen

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008     Top   #41
Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystere2e
Hey guys -- I think we're going to start with The Fool tomorrow (Sunday April 6th).

There's already a thread for that card so post your insight up there and let's get goin'! I'm so excited. This card has a lot of "old tyme" imagery so there will be lots of research involved. Hee hee.
The Fool thread was posted some time ago: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=96434

'There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in' - Leonard Cohen

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008     Top   #42
sapienza 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
I'll second sapienza with this suggestion.

Just an observation:
I've been Tarot Study Groups moderator for a few years now and one thing I've noticed is that study groups who put rules on when to post and the order of cards to study soon fizzle out.

Posting once a week is fine but if there is a set rule that says a new card should be posted on XXXXXX day, folks get fed up waiting for the day they can post and lose interest.

My advice is to post a new card whenever you like, if you're having trouble with a card, post a thread on it....
Oh and let me know when you do so's I can index it

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator
Thanks Sulis Your ideas make a lot of sense. There seems to be quite a lot of interest in this deck just now so I think this approach will work very well.
sapienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008     Top   #43
taniatingel 
Resident

Cool Ten of vessels (cups)

OK - I'm going to suggest we look at this card because it bothers me. I'm not sure how to post a new discussion thread to make sure it gets added to the study group.

I actually don't have much to say about it other than, compared to all the other Place artwork, I find this card quite plain - in terms of colours and imagery. I like the interconnectedness of the vessels, but it doesn't fill me with the excitement I get from other decks. The ten of cups is usually one of my favourite cards in a deck.

Anyone interested in looking at this card - and helping me change my mind about it?
taniatingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008     Top   #44
sapienza 
Citizen

I won't get a chance until this afternoon but I'll start a new thread for this card. I'm happy to talk about it and hopefully we can change your mind

ETA - I've now started the thread for the Ten of Vessels....link is here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread...=1#post1435748

Last edited by sapienza; 07-04-2008 at 14:18. Reason: Update
Old 07-04-2008     Top   #45
Neely75 
Citizen

It's here! It's here!

My copy of the deck arrived today in the mail. I've taken a look at it and really like the art. But as someone who is completely new to alchemy I'm a little over my head at the moment.

I'll be here reading what everyone else has to say about the cards, but I don't know how much I'll be able to input. I don't know that I'll be do any reading with these until the book comes out!
Neely75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008     Top   #46
Kenny 
Citizen

Neely75, I'm new to alchemy too but I went and brought a couple of books to help me learn it--and at the same time the deck.

I'm highly recommending The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy. As for my other books; I've not started reading them yet.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008     Top   #47
Neely75 
Citizen

Thanks Kenny. I actually spent some time this morning searching the web for sites with info on the symbols. I found a few good ones. Thanks for the reference for the book. I actually saw it at a bookshop here a couple of days ago, but didn't even think to pick it up and look at it as I was busy looking for something completely unrelated. Might have to go and have another look.
Old 10-04-2008     Top   #48
sapienza 
Citizen

Hi Neely. The study group here might help as well. Leisa is posting text from the book as we go which is a great help.
Old 10-04-2008     Top   #49
Neely75 
Citizen

Thanks Sapienza. I didn't word my post as well as I could have. I meant I will be reading each card as it is covered in the study group. I've been watching and reading, waiting for my cards to arrive. Now I'll have to start doing some harder work!

Old 10-04-2008     Top   #50
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today