21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- Step FIVE

LixiPixi

Thanks for your response, Dave. That clears up my confusion about the keyword usage :)

I appreciate your thoughts and insights through all of these lessons we are working on. Your image is a wonderful rendition of the 3 of Swords. That's one card we don't often see differ in imagry from the traditional pierced heart.

Blessings....

LP~

r0sered1ster

21 ways- step five

Golden Baroque Cat's Tarot...four of wands

The number four represents: structure, stability, building a solid foundation.

RubyRuby

Hi Dave.

How's this??..??

The symbology, as I intended it, was that the three represented coupleness that had created a third entity.

There is some action required by the two to make the third, the child.

This entity, child, or creation, had to be nourished at first,

The child needs to be socialized by the parents.

And without the sense of togetherness that the parents and child have, there would be no sadness or hurt in the heart. In the case of the three of swords.

This was actually one of the reasons I suggested the study group, because I was having a really really hard time associating the number keywords to the different cards within a deck. I still can't wrap my head around integration for the threes, that's why I didn't include it in my list. :)

dadsnook2000

Different systems, different meanings

Each system has its own meanings. Sometimes they overlap -- I've found this to some degree in Tarot and Numerology, but not always so. Astrology and Numerology also have their differences. Astrology and Tarot are really further apart, in my opinion -- I don't know if that is because I work with each of them fairly well or if its just me.

I like the book, "Numerology and the Divine Triangle" for its relating Numerology and Tarot, but again I do find links that I don't agree with. For instance in the Mid-Point Astrological system, fours and eights are linked with action, challenge and events. In tarot the fours are linked to stabilization, the eights with harmony. In tarot, the two is linked to duality (diffusion, dilemma, attraction and awareness) while astrology links it with partnering, enemies, conflict.

For me, its safer to stay within whatever system I'm working with and not mix them together. Dave

squeakmo9

RWS 5 of Swords- Step 5

Keywords:

Enthusiastic
Progressive
Magnetic

annelida

21 Ways - Step Five

Daughters of the Moon (B/W) - Five of Flames

My card is the five of flames and the words I associate with it are change, uncertainty and disaster.

Squeakmo9, the words you associate with a five are very different. Would you say a little more about your choices?

Thanks

squeakmo9

annelida said:
Daughters of the Moon (B/W) - Five of Flames

My card is the five of flames and the words I associate with it are change, uncertainty and disaster.

Squeakmo9, the words you associate with a five are very different. Would you say a little more about your choices?

Thanks

Very sorry Annelida...didn't see your question until now. Anyway, at the time I did not have Mary Greer's book, so I used info from a numerology class I had taken a few years ago. There were other words as well, but I chose these three out of the info I had.
Mary Greer's book describes the fives in a way I have never thought of...this is all very interesting & new for me.
Again, very sorry for the delay on your question.
:)
squeak

rachelcat

21 Ways Step 5

4 Wands, LS Manga Tarot

I chose 4 Wands. 4s are about:

Realization: All that practicing leads to an actual performance.

Harmonization: Dance and music together, and dancing together.

Establishment, foundation, stabilization, and order: A performance or celebration has to have order for it to come out right. People can't just all jump on the stage and start performing all at once! Celebrations are often yearly or whatever, implying the stability of tradition.

whipsilk

STEP FIVE
Knight of Pentacles - Tarot of Prague

I know that the Knight of Pentacles is usually not in motion, so the keywords I chose from Greer's list for the Knight of Pentacles are:
- departures
- proud
- goal-oriented

tarot4fun

21 Ways - Step Five

Step Five
Golden Tarot

I have the Eight of Swords.
Eights are about movement, adjustment, and redistribution.