Step 7 - SYNTHESIS
CARD: The Star
DECK: Fantastic Meangerie
Card can be seen here: http://www.fantasticmenagerie.com/Majors2.htm
7:1.1. Synthesizing key words into an integrative statement:
PAGE OF COINS:
Number: students, beginnings, receptive, open, study, learn, serve, undeveloped, potetial, intereseted, yearning.
Element/Earth: security, self worth, value, results, skills, craftsmanship, interested.
Mode Court Card (Who): an aspect of personality, job, or role. Style of acting or attitude. A way of relating to others.
Synthesized Statements: The Page of Coins is about aspects of personality in which the undeveloped potential of the pages combines with the craftsmanship of the Coins.
- Knowing the value of serving others.
- Being receptive to the value of ones own or others' craftmanship or skills.
- Beginning able to acknowledge ones self worth.
- Undeveloped potential that can be brought forward through interest and skills development.
8 OF SWORDS:
Number: direction, control, complexity, restraint, resigned.
Element/Air: struggle, mental processes, strategy, pessimism.
Mode Number Card (What): situation, life events, what is going on.
Synthesized Statements: The 8 of Swords is about life events in which the complexity of the 8's combines with the mental processes of the Swords.
- Loosing ones direction by being pessimistic.
- Restraining mental processes on purpose.
- Using passive agressiveness to gain control over another person or situation.
- Slef pitty.
WHEEL OF FORTUNE - 10
Number: completion and new beginning, effects or result of completion, preparation for a new cycle, reaping, reality.
Element/Fire: courageous, willful, optimistic, enthusiastic.
Mode Major Aracana (Why): the cause. A lesson to be learned. Archetypal energies, psychospiritual needs.
Synthesized Statements: The Wheel of Fortune is about archetypal energies influencing the end and beginning of a new cycle which will require courage and enthusiasm.
- Facing reality with optimisn, knowing the wheel will turn again.
- Preparing for a new cycle with determination.
- Reaping the rewards at the end of a cycle with enthusiasm.
- Facing a new challenge with courage.
ACE OF CUPS:
Number: Newness, simplicity, seed, potentiality, beginning of a new cycle, pure energy, source, inspiration, gift, inspired, awed, wonderous.
Element/Water: emotional, nurturance of an idea, feelings, pleasure, moods, unconscious, imagination, inner processes, receptivity, empathy, happy, peaceful, caring, melancholy, sentimental.
Mode Aces (Where): realm or sphere of greatest potential, specially for producing something new.
Synthesized Statements: The Ace of Cups is about the realm of greatest potential where seeds for a new idea can be planted and nurtured.
- Inspiring feelings in others.
- Being receptive to new endeavors, ideas, and other people (i.e. romance)
- Too much emotion is affercting inner processes.
- Gift of empathy.
7:1.2. Do the same with chosen card - The Star (17) Fantastic Menagerie. This information was taken directly from the previous exercises in chapters 5 & 6.
Number: 17 = 1 + 7 = 8: regeneration, prudence, spiritual progress.
Element/Air: understanding, synthesis, integration.
Mode Major Arcana (Why): the cause. A lesson to be learned. Archetypal energies, pshycospiritual needs.
Synthesized Statements: The Star is about a psychospiritual need for spiritual progress and regeneration in order to feel integrated.
- Spiritual progress through understanding.
- Prudence as a result of synthesis.
- Regeneration through integration.
- Prudence leading to understanding.
- Spiritual progress being the result of integration.
Regeneration through integration is teh statement that feel the truest to me as I think it encompases some of the other statements.
For as long as I can remember I have tried to find some sense of inner peace and integration. It is like a quest of old. By keeping my interest alive and experimenting with new approaches I have found that slowly but surely I am integrating. In turn this regenerates me. The Star card represents the end result of that quest for me.
7:1.3. Further synthesis of chosen card (taken from past exercises in Steps 2 & 4).
Emotions: tranquility, feeling rhough all senses, peacefulness, relaxed.
Story: peaceful evironment, retreat, escape.
- Finding ones happy place.
- Inner peace.
- Contemplation of beauty.
- A sense of "one-ness".
- Connectedness at physical and spiritual levels.
- State of being.
- In tune with one's spiritual needs.
- In tune with one's environment.
- Being a part of a whole and understanding where you fit in and how it works.
- Spiritual beauty.