Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Chronata 
Dreaming...Professionally

I am excited to read about the history of your deck, and especially about it's future!
Pips you say? Oh be still my heart! It is beating so rapidly right now with the thrilling news that I might actually hold a complete copy of your fabulous set of images in my hands one day!

Yay! I adore your style! Please please please continue! (no pressure! )

Old 04-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #11
RussianSoul 
Citizen

Is there a list? I am floored by this deck, I want one or two or three...

Mr. OnePotato, it is amazing, please keep working on it!
RussianSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #12
OnePotato 
Citizen

Thank you thorhammer, Mimers, Lulu, and Phoenixblu. I'm glad you like them, and it's always nice to hear that people are pleased by my work, even after nearly 25 years. And believe me, picking this up after all that time has provided me with more than enough pressure to deal with!

Hullo Debra. Yes, there is a bit of something old in those trumps. In fact, I always thought of this primarily as an academic/historical project. The "art" began as somewhat of a separate issue. The original presentation was of simple pencil drawings, with only a couple of cards done in watercolor as "proof of concept." All of the other paintings were done after the fact, or "for nothing" from a school credit point of view.

At this point, I don't want to get into a card-by-card sort of explanation, though. I think that should wait.

Hullo Rosanne. Yes, everything turns. And this deck is a little model universe. I have read many of your posts, and I'm not surprised at what you've been seeing. Wouldn't it be interesting if an astronomical calendar could be used to predict the future?

Hi goldenweb. Yes, Bill's Tarot is pretty obscure. When I did the edition, I only did 12 copies because I thought that was more than I needed, and I didn't want to waste paper and ink. The extras sat around for a while, until it dawned on me that I might be able to sell them on ebay, and get back the cost of production. I discovered there was a whole collecting community on there, and it worked out better than I expected.

Hi Chronata & RussianSoul. I'm glad you like them so far. I think it's much too early for an order list, though, until I figure out a plan to make them available. I will certainly do a small hand produced edition, like last time. (And of course there will be a hideously generous upgrade plan for anyone holding a copy from that earlier edition.) But beyond that, I don't know what will happen. At this time, I have no plans to seek out a commercial publisher, but I will look into doing something myself.
OnePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #13
thorhammer 
Citizen

Mr. OnePotato, thankyou for your response. I'm just making sure I'm at the top of the wait list I might want multiples. . . Seriously. I see the historical influence in your Trumps, of course, but I admit to being clueless about the historical side of Tarot and wouldn't want to make an a$$ of myself on here by trying to discourse intelligently and falling on my face . Nevertheless, I'd like to hear a bit more about your take on its history and influences, if and when you have time or inclination

And I'm first! *Looks around, brandishing sword*

\m/ Kat

Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #14
Debra 
sporadic magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
And I'm first!
In your dreams, Kat. In your dreams.
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #15
firecatpickles 
in a barrel in the yard

This is a serious hot design... I am salivating already. Please be sure to post here once it gets published & put me on the waiting list!

Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #16
magpie9 
Citizen

I really really really want this deck.

*All spelling by Luck and Chance, deal with it the best you can *
magpie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #17
Rosanne 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePotato
Hullo Rosanne. Yes, everything turns. And this deck is a little model universe. I have read many of your posts, and I'm not surprised at what you've been seeing. Wouldn't it be interesting if an astronomical calendar could be used to predict the future?
Hehe it already does. I think it might be called Tarot. Filipo Visconti was a very interested Astronomer. I just like your deck! The very best with all the cards and publishing. ~Rosanne

And simple truth his utmost skill! Sir Henry Wotton
Rosanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #18
prudence 
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePotato
Here is a photo of the 2000 edition:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves...billstarot.jpg

And now, after a long break, as a few of you have already heard, I am about a year into creating pips for a full deck.

Here is a portion of a background color test sheet:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves...to/TestPip.jpg

Please note that this is just a test, and is not a final painting.

If I ever finish, the deck can finally assume its proper name:
Le Tarot Tournant.

I'll write some more later.
In the meantime, Happy New Year!
Hi OnePotato,

I would very much like to see your work so far, but neither of these links will work for me.

We are amazed but not amused
By all the things you say that you'll do...~Stevie Wonder
prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #19
Debra 
sporadic magic

I had the same problem, Prudence. I cut and pasted the address into a browser window and "backed up" from the end (deleted the last part) until I got into the web site; I could get to the images from there.

And now the link works fine for me just by clicking on it.

Sort of like babying the link until it trusts you.
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008 Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #20
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today