Thank-you

Always Wondering

Grigori, I don’t know if I could ever express how much the Liber Al Vel Legis study has meant to me. There have been so many changes and I know you have been busy. Your time and consistency is much appreciated.

Ravenest, thanks for hanging in, I know it was hard sometimes. I valued your input and appreciated especially your thoughts on Nuit.

Aeon418, I pity the fool the labels you a fundamentalist or even a qabalist, or anything at all for that matter. You have been a constant surprise and joy to me.

And everyone else who has come and gone, or come and not gone. ;)

AW

Grigori

Well there is still one more thread to go (at least), but since everyone is ready to celebrate..

:party: :party: :party:

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has contributed to the Book of the Law Study group, and to everyone who has been following along also. It's become a fantastic resource and helped me a lot in my study as we've gone. I also frequently comes to it when I'm researching some aspect of my deck, or find google often tells me the answer we already discussed a few years ago :D

From an idea that started with the first thread on the 7th of December 2008 (over 5 years ago!) we've worked line by line through the BoL (and a bunch of other things along the way) in a couple of hundred threads, thousands of posts and a whole heap of different folks.

Many thanks to you all :)

But do stick around for at least one more thread :D

ravenest

? ... the comment ?

Aeon418

Group hug. :D

Glad you enjoyed the study AW. :)

Aeon418

Grigori, at the end of chapter II you seemed a little bit nervous about the prospect of chapter III.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=150424
Grigori said:
And am expecting the next chapter to be more challenging again, and perhaps a bit um... Maybe better to not jinx it and say :laugh:

Is it still a bit um.....? Or have your views changed since then?

Grigori

Grigori, at the end of chapter II you seemed a little bit nervous about the prospect of chapter III.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=150424

Is it still a bit um.....? Or have your views changed since then?

There were a few 'um' moments :D But generally speaking it was a pretty smooth ride. I actually found the early part of the study more challenging in some ways, despite the quite benign content of Nuit's chapter.

I think over the 5 years we've covered a great deal, and also really shown the relevance of studying works like the BoL to the Thoth deck and Aeclectic's goal to promote greater knowledge and understanding of tarot. I think directly of the cards in response to many of the lines from the BoL, and also conversely often think of lines from the BoL when working with my cards, so feel my understanding of each has become interrelated as it's grown.

I'm also impressed that we stuck it out for so long. 5 years is pretty good for a book that can be read in minutes. Imagine if we'd started with Liber ABA ;)

Zephyros

It really is amazing. An amazing resource has been built here, unprecedented for Aeclectic and I wouldn't be surprised if such an in-depth study isn't unique in research of the Book itself. I must admit to not having conducted a personal study of the BoL myself, but when I get around to it I'll use this study as a base for further investigations.

You said you have an idea for the next study group. Any hints as to what it is?

Aeon418

I'm also impressed that we stuck it out for so long. 5 years is pretty good for a book that can be read in minutes.

You have to take the lions share of the credit for that. You kept it going. Well done! :royal:

Grigori

You said you have an idea for the next study group. Any hints as to what it is?

I think it would be good to see what people are interested in, so would encourage folks to make suggestions (and as always feel free to start your own study groups, there is room enough for a bunch of us). I've been thinking I'd like to do an exploration of the majors, focused on them as pathways between the sephiroth. That's not a discussion I've really seen in detail, and think it's ripe for personal study and reflection. And with our BoL study behind us, we should see some interesting ideas come up re Thelemic/Golden Dawn pathworking too. Would anyone else be interested in that?

Also it's only 22 threads long :D