Why can't I find the Victorian Romantic Tarot?

Jewel

faunabay said:
I completely agree. And am doubly glad I got all of them before they went out of print. }) I even have two copies of the reg. VR. I just love that deck. :heart:
Me too! Well I don't have the regular VR, but I do have 2 copies of the Gold, as that is one of my primary reading decks and I knew once they were gone I would never be able to get another at a reasonable price if something ever hapenned to my original.

It is my understanding from some other posts from baba, that MRP has not ruled out reprinting the standard VR, it is just not at the top of their list due to 1) other priorities they are working on, and 2) the economy. Same for the BG I believe. So I would recommend praying for the economy to pick up and for baba's other project to reach their successful conclusion and decide it is time for the reprint. You might have to wait a while, but I have a good hunch that the VR will be reprinted eventually.

SolSionnach

Yeah, Amazon can be a bit confusing.
I remember when I found that amazon.jp had the greenwood for about $40 - with free shipping (!) - but they didn't actually have it in stock, they just hadn't updated the listing. I wasn't particularly surprised when I heard from them that it wasn't available.

re: Victorian Romantic - I don't see the reason for the hype about that deck. I definitely wouldn't spend $150 on a deck in this economy, as I think it wouldn't hold value. (Just a wee bit of de-enabling for the newbies - so they know that not everyone thinks the VR is the bee's knees.... :))

ETA: waiting for a reprint is probably a good thing - though I hope they produce a mini-BBC deck first! :)

enchanted spirit

LavenderMist said:
I went to go check and it's still there. I imagine it will be snatched up quick though.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a VR Gold on ebay!

It's gone.

mwahahahaha! :cool5:

It turns out that the price was negotiable! I still paid more than I should have, but WOW did I want that Gold VR after recently acquiring the standard version.

Seriously, I hope they do reprint the VR! I amazed at the beauty of the deck and how well it reads. It's shocking. I asked it what would happen if I bought the gold and it said Knight of Wands. Impulsive, reckless, but thrilling all the same. LOL I :heart: it!

Muir Aingeal

Congrats on your new VR Gold :thumbsup: enjoy it..tis beautiful!

nicole_

enchanted spirit said:
It's gone.

mwahahahaha! :cool5:

It turns out that the price was negotiable! I still paid more than I should have, but WOW did I want that Gold VR after recently acquiring the standard version.

Seriously, I hope they do reprint the VR! I amazed at the beauty of the deck and how well it reads. It's shocking. I asked it what would happen if I bought the gold and it said Knight of Wands. Impulsive, reckless, but thrilling all the same. LOL I :heart: it!

Send my love to your VR Gold :heart:
If it ever give birth, let me know :p

WolfSpirit

sravana said:
re: Victorian Romantic - I don't see the reason for the hype about that deck. I definitely wouldn't spend $150 on a deck in this economy, as I think it wouldn't hold value. (Just a wee bit of de-enabling for the newbies - so they know that not everyone thinks the VR is the bee's knees.... :))

I don't get it either but that is probably because Victorian is just not my kind of thing. I went back to look at this deck many times to see what is so special about this deck but I guess it is just not for me, although there are a few cards I think are really pretty.

I think it is time to get myself a Fantastic Menagerie though before these become hard to find as well :D It is one of those decks I was always hesitating about buying or not buying...but I think I would hate it if it was unavailable forever.

Jewel

WolfSpirit said:
I don't get it either but that is probably because Victorian is just not my kind of thing. I went back to look at this deck many times to see what is so special about this deck but I guess it is just not for me, although there are a few cards I think are really pretty.
I am not into the Victorian thing at all, and I got the gold edition simply for collectability. Then Faunabay called me at home asking me to lay out these cards from the VR to see what my perspective on the reading was. I had not until that day done any kind of spread with the deck. I was really shocked at how clearly I got the message, and how much information I could see. The VR Gold has since become one of my primary reading decks. To me it was not the hype, it is the sum of the experiences I have had with the deck. I think a lot has to do with my reading style. I am somewhat empathic and this deck works very well with that.
WolfSpirit said:
I think it is time to get myself a Fantastic Menagerie though before these become hard to find as well :D It is one of those decks I was always hesitating about buying or not buying...but I think I would hate it if it was unavailable forever.
Yes do go find it! Excellent deck. I have been using it for the last two years in my 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card study group, and the deck is really wonderful. This is also one that I did not love straight away, but I sure do now that I have dedicated so much time to it. The tone of the readings are very much like social commentary and I love the dry humor that comes out when I do readings with this deck. The messages I get when reading with this deck are more objective, rational and matter of fact, not from an emotional perspective.

enchanted spirit

Well, I just toyed with getting the VR until a few weeks ago - I thought it looked nice but didn't think I could read with it.

Then, I saw it on EBay for $20 buy it now. I bought it then. When it came I was amazed. It looks *so* much better in person than on the screen. And the readings, oh boy.

That's when I started kicking myself for not buying the Gold when I got the GBBC. I mean, I was just a hair shy of adding it to my cart and then decided I was being extravagant enough with the GBBC. Well, after seeing the VR, and know what the GBBC is like, I was SICK that I'd been that close to buying it. So when it came up on EBay . . .

Funny thing is that my daily draw (with the VR, I'm doing a PDR), "what should I know about how I should act today?" I got Judgement - it said that I should let go of the guilt and move on. How do you like that? LOL Of course, I realize that I need to make a change - no more new decks for me for a while!

faunabay

enchanted spirit said:
Well, I just toyed with getting the VR until a few weeks ago - I thought it looked nice but didn't think I could read with it.

Then, I saw it on EBay for $20 buy it now. I bought it then. When it came I was amazed. It looks *so* much better in person than on the screen. And the readings, oh boy.
You know it's amazing how many people say this. It really is completely different in hand - and doing a reading with it....wow!!!

But I was one of the converts from just seeing the scans. When I saw the Queen of Pentacles I knew I had to have this deck. I just love her!!!! :heart:

harmony1985

faunabay said:
You know it's amazing how many people say this. It really is completely different in hand - and doing a reading with it....wow!!!

i agree, i wasnt interested in it at all until i recieved a trimmed copy in a trade, it just happened that this member really wanted my copy of the gill and offered me the VR in exchange. I wasnt really bothered about recieving it i traded cos i new she was searching high and low for the gill and i didnt use it. But now i am so glad i have this deck, my readings have much more depth than they do with RWS.