Intuition and psychic development

winter garden

My intuition has been really off lately when I attempt to do readings, and I'm wondering if anyone can please suggest some texts that will help me get back in touch with it again? It's getting to the point where the cards are starting to become images without meaning, and I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but anything that can help break me out of this state would be useful.

TIA x

Citrin

What about the book Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci? :) It has some great exercises for developing intuition. A great book despite the cheesy title. ;)

violetdaisy

I would get a "themed" deck based on your interests, one that comes with a good companion book. For instance, both my Fey deck and shadowscapes came with great books. And there are a ton of others. Reason is because themed decks often have symbolism unique to them and I have found that sometimes I have just lost my connection to the current decks symbolism. On another note though sometimes cards just look like pictures with meaning when there is something else going on that needs your attention and it's time for a break. Being really depressed can do it, because then not much has meaning anymore. Or a life event, birth, marriage, death, graduation exams....

DDwarks

Sounds like you need to rebalance your chakras to me. I would personally take a good cleansing bath ( sea salt, Epsom salts are just fine) and relax some more afterwards with good YouTube meditation.
Cleanse/ bless your cards for good measure too! I would suggest smudging or whatever you prefer x

winter garden

What about the book Psychic Tarot by Nancy Antenucci? :) It has some great exercises for developing intuition. A great book despite the cheesy title. ;)

Thank you, I've just requested this from my local library. I'll let you know how it goes :D

winter garden

I would get a "themed" deck based on your interests, one that comes with a good companion book. For instance, both my Fey deck and shadowscapes came with great books. And there are a ton of others. Reason is because themed decks often have symbolism unique to them and I have found that sometimes I have just lost my connection to the current decks symbolism. On another note though sometimes cards just look like pictures with meaning when there is something else going on that needs your attention and it's time for a break. Being really depressed can do it, because then not much has meaning anymore. Or a life event, birth, marriage, death, graduation exams....

I probably do need a new deck, but the trouble is I struggle to find any that I like. I'll keep looking and hopefully something will eventually take my fancy that isn't out of print and incredibly expensive. I certainly do suffer from depression, but that is an ongoing thing so I'm not entirely sure whether it may or may not be that. It's certainly possible that it is playing some role though.

winter garden

Sounds like you need to rebalance your chakras to me. I would personally take a good cleansing bath ( sea salt, Epsom salts are just fine) and relax some more afterwards with good YouTube meditation.
Cleanse/ bless your cards for good measure too! I would suggest smudging or whatever you prefer x

Sounds like good advice - I'll try this, thank you x