3 cards a day...

moonbear

Oh, so eight is the number representing death? I didn't know that... which system of numerology are you using for this? I must admit I am not very familiar with any system except my own little home-baked system where eight is a number of balance on a high level, order, harmony, justice, receptiveness.

Although I don't follow any particular system and don't apply anything too rigidly I try to bear in mind general numerology when trying to interpret the pips. The reference to eight symbolising death is made in the book which came with my de Vecchi tarot a couple of years ago. It's written by Laura Tuan. For her, eight symbolises (and I quote) 'emblème de la mort, de la transformation, de la justice et de la stabilité du cosmos' (whatever that means!). I did a bit of a google after you asked which system I used and found a mass of conflicting information (as you do when you search the Internet) but did find several sites which backed Tuan up on this.

To me it just seemed strange considering the background to your three cards that the figure eight should be so prominent.

le_charior

Thanks for elaborating! I think I need to read more about numerology. Never read much outside of the forum, except a little about Tarot history yet, but I have a long list of books i need to read - and there is the book that comes with the Pythagorean tarot that has a lot of information and background... so much to learn, so little time...

But again, chapeau for your reading, it really ment a lot to me.