Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

JayBee

I'm onboard with the idea of a majors-only deck as well.

Babalon Jones

Cool, well since it seems like there are a few people interested in a Majors set I guess my next step is to do a card back design. I'll probably post something when I know more to get some feel for how many copies the edition could be. Probably not many but I have no idea. Once I know more about what it is possible for me to do I'll have something to offer. Thanks for the feedback you have offered and feel free to let me know any feelings or ideas in general about Majors sets.

daphne

I see I`m in minority here, but I do not use majors only decks. Hence, I also do not buy them.

For me, you stopping to invest in the major deck means a delay in having the real deal, your entire new deck. That one I am very very very eager to get. :)

Bluefeet

Like daphne, I too prefer a complete deck. :)

rwcarter

I also am not a Majors-only fan, but if the purchase of a Majors-only deck in any way will help with the completion of a full 78 card deck, then I'd buy one as 22 pieces of art. Maybe I'll frame them and add them to my walls of tarot prints.

daphne

I also am not a Majors-only fan, but if the purchase of a Majors-only deck in any way will help with the completion of a full 78 card deck, then I'd buy one as 22 pieces of art. Maybe I'll frame them and add them to my walls of tarot prints.

That`s an interesting idea. If big enough, they can do good on a wall. Never thought they can have a use this way.

rwcarter

That`s an interesting idea. If big enough, they can do good on a wall. Never thought they can have a use this way.

Not to derail the thread (but hopefully generate more interest in a Majors-only deck ;)), I haven't actually done that yet with tarot cards, but I have with postcards. I bought 8 postcards that had 1940's/1950's era pulp novel covers on them and arranged them in natural themes (that I wasn't aware of when I bought them), mounted them to mat board and made a print from them that hangs in my bedroom. So there are non-reading uses for Majors-only decks.

Babalon Jones

Thank you for the dissenting opinion regarding Major decks, and I do understand both how some may not use them and that what it takes to bring it forth delays the full deck possibly. But in a way it could be supportive of the full, as in, it may get me to think about card backs sooner, write up at least some of the text I have for the LWB and full size book more formally to offer with it, etc so the time would not have to be wasted. Not to mention the influx of energy such an endeavor can *sometimes* bring. The other option is to just offer them with a simple or plain card back for now, so as not to take as much time away from the march of progression through the minors.

I appreciate rwcarter's suggestion a lot, as it corresponds to one idea I had about the way of doing a Major edition, which would be to offer them in a larger size. But I was torn between a print size like 8x10 or a large card size. Maybe postcard size is a happy medium. What do you all think about ideal size?

Spiffo

What do you all think about ideal size?

I guess postcard size would be a standard print size and therefore less expensive than an odd size. I really like the size of the Large Thoth Deck which is almost postcard size. I imagine your artwork will look amazing on a large card size. I'd really encourage you to pursue this idea, even if it is only a limited print run. Once the Minors are complete you may consider doing a matching set of just the Minors to go with the larger Majors, just a thought.

I'm so enjoying using the Rosetta Tarot but also enjoying watching your new creation's birth.

X