Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

Aviva1976

egg and outdated mayo is great to condition your hair so is honey

Wendywu

I'm a great believer in garlic for just about everything. Roasted and then mushed up and spread on toast is scrummy and sooo good for colds. Actually we put garlic in just about everything - fresh bought, not processed in anyway.

And I second the wild honey. (or is it third, fourth or fifth?). Amazing stuff.

Also, fennel tea is good for the digestion.

Oatmeal tied up in a thin muslin bag and popped in the bath makes the bath water very soft. Tie it up securely or you'll be bathing in porridge :laugh:

My mother in law (a tough cookie) puts salt on mouth ulcers and they disappear very quickly. Not sure I could stand the pain though! Oh yeah, she gargles with hot salty water when she has a sore throat too!! Me, I do the honey and fresh lemon juice thing topped up to a nice size mugful with hot water.

linnie

Tea tree oil and mouth ulcers/ cold sores

thorhammer said:
Tea tree oil. Taste like crap, though, and methinks is possibly low-level poisonous :D so don't use it on sores inside the mouth. Only outside.

\m/ Kat

yes... it does say on the bottle that it's "not to be taken", but I still use it on a cotton bud and rub it onto a mouth ulcer, then rinse the mouth out... no teatree oli swalloed, and mouth ulcers gone! :)

Wendywu

Yep - tea tree oil. Wonderful stuff. Never tried the cotton bud thing with it for mouth ulcers. I might give it a go next time I get one. Thanks :)

linnie

yoghurt for Candida

Natural acidopholous yoghurt, used intravaginally, eases and combats thrush.

Peppermint oil or lollies help with travel sickness... (only a drop... Like tea tree oli, peppermint oil can be toxic)

Wendywu

linnie said:
Natural acidopholous yoghurt, used intravaginally, eases and combats thrush.

Is also good if you're on prescribed antibiotics which can sometimes be rough on the digestive system. "Live" yoghurt can replace the natural stomach bacteria which help us digest our food, but which antibiotics can strip out :)

Aviva1976

garlic is also good for yeast infections with plain yogurt on it you sew with a clean needle and thread sew in the thread and cover the garlic (purple is better)
with the yogurt and insert in. not sure about what men but it works for woman

howaboutacupoftea

(That is really interesting about honey and expired mayonnaise as conditioner :D I need to try that!)

Ok! I have a few:

1=Lemongrass makes a wicked tea :D
My dad used to brew it to help with his high blood pressure :) It also works when you're feeling stressed and insomnia. The tea is also good for a bunch of other things, its like a miracle tea haha. It's even used to discipline dogs (since they don't like the smell), but that seems cruel :(
Bundle a bunch of lemon grass leaves, keep it in your car. It makes it smell lemony for a while xD
Also, the bush of lemongrass keeps snakes away from your home :)

2=Rosemary oil works amazing with pain and cramps on your arms and legs. Just dab the cotton with oil and massage it in to where its hurting. After about 3 uses, it should go away :)

3=Aloe is awesome for digestive health :) It tastes icky though >_<

4=Getting a tea bag of Manzanilla (I don't know what it's called in English :\), dipping it in warm water, and placing it on the eye helps relieve pink eye infections :) (cold boric acid water works too, just be careful xD)

5=Honey and lemons works for dogs who have kennel cough. But, some of them (like mine) don't like the taste, so you kinda have to get the medical dropper and kinda force them to take it :( Children's Bennedryl works for them too, but once again, you have to force it in them :( (Or maybe its just my spoiled dog who has these problems haha)

bluecaffeine

verbena tea helps against sore throat,
rosmarine tea helps against sweating
a drop of tea-tree-oil helps against warts

linnie

Wendywu said:
Is also good if you're on prescribed antibiotics which can sometimes be rough on the digestive system. "Live" yoghurt can replace the natural stomach bacteria which help us digest our food, but which antibiotics can strip out :)

Very true.... As well as the thrush remedy (and that's an interesting addition of the sewn in garlic, Aviva1976! :)), it's good for digestion always, but especially while on or after antibiotics!!!