My experience at the weekend fair

HighPriestesss

Out of all the vendors there, I had the best location! They had me up on the front porch of their home so it was rather private. One had to walk through an open-gated, wrought-iron archway on these cement patio stones which lead the pathway to me. It was so cool!

I did about 18 readings Friday/Saturday combined and I'd say ONLY TWO were extremely hard to read and the cards just didn't seem to connect at all. But for my starter price of $5 for mini 10-card celtic or $10 for same spread but with unlimited questions, nobody complained. In fact, everyone seemed very happy when they left the porch! I even got a hug!! :) (I will add here, however, that I am much more confident in myself and already chucked that piddly $5 one!)

The sponsors of the event wanted to hire me for their Halloween party, but I'm having a party of my own that night. But they DID sign me up to read at their restaurant/boutique every Friday from 10-3:00! (I also had a local used bookstore sign me up to read there every Saturday...)

With all the decks in my collection, I only used the RWS cuz that's the one I know inside 'n out without having to pause and think. Occasionally with the other decks, I'll turn a card and my mind searches for the pic of the RWS to come up with the meaning. I didn't want that to happen at my first fair.

I can tell I've already improved my readings cuz the words were flowing smoothly and not too many "umm" and pauses. It's like in order to read, you learn by realizing what the cards and layout reflect. Any book in the world will explain this, but with this practical experience, it all made more sense.

Hope that did! LOL

I tried to include pics, but the files are too large.....

Baroli

Congratulations!

IMHO, the best way to grow as a reader is to get out there and read. Face to face is a remarkable thing. You learn to not only interact with your cards better, but also with your client. Been at it for a good long time and it is a very rewarding thing to do,... help someone.

Looks good on ya! :thumbsup:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

This might help you with resizing your pics. WE WANT TO SEE!!! LOL

HighPriestesss

Thank you, and thanks for that link....I'll get right on it!

HighPriestesss

The table near the foot of the steps held my price list, sign-in sheet with packets of information (I also offer unique poetry), and business cards.

Attachments

• phpno5vVHAM.jpg
    phpno5vVHAM.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 160
  • phpSo7kCFAM.jpg
    phpSo7kCFAM.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 160
  • phppVJWlFAM.jpg
    phppVJWlFAM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 163
  • phpbgsd01AM.jpg
    phpbgsd01AM.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 162

morticia monroe

Oh, I'm so happy for you, HP! That must have felt so GOOD!

Congratulations on taking the plunge. As one who has not yet done so, I admire you to the bone,,,,

franniee

Awesome HP!!! Congrats!!! :heart: Great place to read... looks peaceful!

HighPriestesss

franniee said:
Awesome HP!!! Congrats!!! :heart: Great place to read... looks peaceful!

Yes, it was! Especially after I took Friday's loot and bought a 3-CD changer portable stereo! Saturday I had Native American music, Dawn of a New Century by Secret Garden and Enigma playing! Lots of favorable comments on that! And easily portable to bring with me on Fridays and Saturdays.

HighPriestesss

morticia monroe said:
Oh, I'm so happy for you, HP! That must have felt so GOOD!

Congratulations on taking the plunge. As one who has not yet done so, I admire you to the bone,,,,

Thank you!

And why haven't you done so??

starrystarrynight

What a great story...and terrific pictures!

You done good...and posts like yours are so encouraging to others. Thanks for sharing!

Eddie

Thank you for sharing this with us!! and thanks for the pcs,
it looked like a nice place to read.
Eddie