Underwear for Decks!

greatdane

I've been looking for something to keep my decks secure when in a case that's considerably bigger than they are. Just took a slinky stretchy women's black dressy sock (the kind that look like a slinky tube, no visible heel, not see through, but black and stretchy and kind of slinky fabric), shoved a deck in and it holds it perfectly and looks great! Because it stretches, not hurting deck and now I can just drop it in any bag and it's not moving around! Easier than tying, holds whole deck securely, inexpensive and looks nice! Black underwear for decks :)

chrissydogz

am i the only one who conjured up images of a tarot deck dancing around in underwear after reading the title of this thread?

Gentledragon

I'm glad I happened upon this thread. I'm very new at Tarot and this is a great little tip / idea.

greatdane

Works like a charm!

The stretchier the sock, the better, and obviously a huge sock wouldn't work well. If it's a bit long, you can even carefully cut off the top and because of material you can kind of fold over or even get a bit of ribbon and tie if you want to. Can't beat the price, can use over and over, and doesn't look odd when you take it out of the bag (a plus if you're reading for others).

You...thought...of...decks...dancing in underwear, Chrissy LOL I HOPE not everyone is thinking that, but ok. AHAHAHAHAH

Morwenna

Hey, I have socks like that! I'll have to give it a try...

greatdane

Morwenna

you can actually cut off part way down and snip so you can fold it over like the top on a box of a deck of cards. Even if you just lop off and leave top open, if it's stretchy, the deck isn't likely to move much unless you're throwing your tarot bag around and then I'd recommend tying it like a package with a bit of ribbon or something.

NorthernTigress

chrissydogz said:
am i the only one who conjured up images of a tarot deck dancing around in underwear after reading the title of this thread?

Actually, I thought of some type of weird trade. "You give me your undies, I'll give you a deck." A whole you level of I'd Do Anything for That.

greatdane

Socks, we're talking socks! lol

Geez, some ATers and their imaginations ahahahahah

This reallly does work well and that was my big issue with tarot bags. If you don't keep the cards in the box, they shift and slide around unless you secure them somehow. This secures the whole deck so there are no pressure points, not that bands or ribbons wouldn't work, but I was thinking of the pewter BG and if bands or ribbons would wear on it after awhile.

MrAndrewJ

I have to admit that I imagined something out of a gross-out children's cartoon: tarot cards in the original box with a pair of comedic, plain, tighty whiteys on.

I can actually see the sock as a really good way to go. I don't personally have any need to prepare cards for traveling, but I have also come across the same principal being used to store and protect other items.

greatdane

Sometimes, MrAndrew....

the simple things work the best! I tested it out and voila! Success. Now I can actually use this large beautiful rust velvet tarot bag someone gave me. Every deck I put in it rolled around like it was at sea....now they have a life jacket...