Tarot Playlists?

Cocobird55

I pretty much have music on -- mostly it's random stuff on my computer. I have found that Pink Floyd works well for me, too.

LindaMechele

Yay! �� I immediately thought of that soundtrack when I got my Wild Unknown, it just fit for me. c: I'm glad someone else sees it too!
Oh, yeah. Definitely. It prompted me to find a looooooong playlist of all the Harry Potter soundtrack songs. I've been listening to it ever since I read your post - that's all day, save for the five or so hours I spent out in the garden. Still listening to it right now. THANK YOU for that prompt to find it, HN!

I refuse to believe they didn't have tarot cards in the wizarding world. :^P
They SO have tarot cards in the wizarding world! You just know Dumbledore had them stashed away somewhere. He probably had an original copy of every historical deck including the Sola Busca and Etteillias (yes, even the lost one). Snape had a Thoth, Sirius had a Bosch and a Dark Grimoire, Hagrid had a Druid (along with a Druid Animal Oracle), Luna Lovegood had a Shadowscapes, Draco had a Konxari handed down from Lucius (they don't need no stinkin' real tarot deck because they know everything being Death Eaters you know /arrogance), and to not highjack this thread anymore, I've started another thread ...
Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

LindaMechele

I have found that Pink Floyd works well for me, too.
Ooooh, the classics. Makes me think of Led Zeppelin's fourth album. Don't know why no one, including me, thought of that before. *slaps forehead*

From Harry Potter to LedZep's ZOSO. Sorry for the whiplash, y'all.

HallowedNight

Oh, yeah. Definitely. It prompted me to find a looooooong playlist of all the Harry Potter soundtrack songs. I've been listening to it ever since I read your post - that's all day, save for the five or so hours I spent out in the garden. Still listening to it right now. THANK YOU for that prompt to find it, HN!

Yay! :^DDD Bring people into the wonderful world of soundtracks~ There's a soundtrack for anything and everything!

They SO have tarot cards in the wizarding world! You just know Dumbledore had them stashed away somewhere. He probably had an original copy of every historical deck including the Sola Busca and Etteillias (yes, even the lost one). Snape had a Thoth, Sirius had a Bosch and a Dark Grimoire, Hagrid had a Druid (along with a Druid Animal Oracle), Luna Lovegood had a Shadowscapes, Draco had a Konxari handed down from Lucius (they don't need no stinkin' real tarot deck because they know everything being Death Eaters you know /arrogance), and to not highjack this thread anymore, I've started another thread ...
Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

OH MAN I'm gonna hop over to that thread RIGHT NOW, I'm so 100% into Harry Potter and tarot. o wo

Farzon

I don't listen to music while reading. Not intentionally. But it can happen that I get into a reading mood while listening. So it will be pretty much any kind of music... Just now Im listening to Amorphis' new album, pretty hard metal stuff. Heavy riffs and lots of growls. Yesterday I was doing a reading to it and it worked very well.

A few months ago, when listening to Velvet Eden, a Japanese Gothic band, I found myself inspired to read with my Bohemian Gothic that instant [emoji1]. It was great! In general I think every genre or artist would work as reading music for me as long as I really love it.

Shade

Someday I will perform a series of seven readings, each based on a different planet and while listening to the corresponding track of Holst's The Planets Suite.

velvetina

now there's so much to choose from in terms of music to listen to/background music I'd like to add Soma FM's 'doomed' station; also an artist (CP McDill??) calling himself Djinnestan and other such creations (search for 'Djinnestan' or 'dark ambient' on lastfm or spotify or even youtube!)

I can't remember now which of these has the annoying adverts :/ but I use it as a source to find things I like enough to download etc

Rightnow, I'm 'listening' to Cthulu - A Cyro Chamber Collaberation.

not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it!

Zephyros

Someday I will perform a series of seven readings, each based on a different planet and while listening to the corresponding track of Holst's The Planets Suite.

That's brilliant. I once did a meditation of sorts on the corresponding planets on the Trump. It worked surprisingly well. Mars is very much the Tower. Although Jupiter is the most famous section I had trouble connecting it to Fortune. In the end I did though, in my head.

Honeysun

I try not to listen to music before/during Tarot readings. Sometimes beat and/or lyrics get stuck in my head and I cannot properly concentrate on the question.

MissChiff

Here I am...trying to look compassion like and bouncing my head at the same time....I looked crazy..